Roon Crash on Windows 10 64 bit version

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 64 bits, NUC i7-8809G @ 3.1GHz with 32 G RAM, .Net Framework is the latest update. Also with WD 960G SSD and Intel HD Graphics 630 and Radeon RX Vega M GH Graphics Card with the latest driver update./ Roon 1.7

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Asus RT-AX88U

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

USB to Sprout

Description Of Issue

Roon crash EVERY TIME.

Log link is attached. Kindly help!

Thank you!
OIiver Kuo from Taiwan
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v31zvfxjr0a556j/Oliver_Kuo.rar?dl=0

Hi @Oliver_Kuo,

Did this device work for you previously? If so, was there any change to your setup around the time this issue started occurring?

Dear Dylan,

Yes, it works nicely until the version upgrade to 1.7. After that, program crushed every time as launched.

Two things I have made -

1. Delete all files of roon and re-install from the scratch. Not working.
  2. Delete all files again and install Roon server. Not working.

Is it a bug of new version of Roon?

Hi @Oliver_Kuo,

Do you have any antivirus or firewall running on this machine? Can you try disabling them and let us know if there is any change?

Can you also try updating your GPU drivers and let us know if that helps?

Thanks!

Dear Noris,

I did not install antivirus or firewall in this NCU, which I bought it mainly for Roon. From threads regarding crushing issue, I knew some of them are fixed by updating the latest drivers of GPU. Therefore I did it BEFORE I sent out my problem.

It still crashes after updating the driver.

Oliver

Hi @Oliver_Kuo,

Would you kindly use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link? Thanks!

Dear dylan,

Please see attached link that I did two days ago, following the instruction of Noris. The log is generated by Roon that I zip for your reference.

Kindly help.

Best regards,
Oliver

Thanks, @Oliver_Kuo — I’ll have the team take a look and I’ll be sure to follow up with you as soon as I have their feedback.

Hi @Oliver_Kuo,

I discussed the logs with the team and unfortunately the information found here doesn’t give us the whole detail we are hoping to see about what might be crashing Roon. I think we will need to take a look at the system-level Event Viewer logs for this. Please see the steps outlined below:

Please see the following steps to do so:

1. Press Win + R and type eventvwr.msc
  2. Press OK – this should open Event Viewer window
  3. From the left sidebar go to Windows Logs > Application
  4. Right click on the Application subsection and pick Filter Current Log... from the context menu
  5. On the Filter tab for the Logged section pick a parameter Last 30 days and press OK
  6. Right click on the Application subsection again and pick Save filtered log file as.. from the context menu
  7. Enter the log file name, for e.g. Roon_USERNAME , and press Save
  8. Send the logs via a shared Dropbox link

Thank you, Dylan,

Dropbox link of log is as follows -

Thanks in advance for your help.
Oliver

Thanks for sending that over, @Oliver_Kuo! The logs are with the team and they’re investigating.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.