Roon iPad application crashed while playing music

Same here today, while playing music and searching music at the same time.

Hello @Arno_Pfennings,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Hi, I am not sure if it is already an option on the profile/forum to add the system configuration, if not this would be a handy feature. With each support communication the requesting forum member could push a button to add the full system setup to a message or the ROON support person could check this per question/request.

Besides this, my setup is as follows:

Controller: iPad
Core: Nucleus (hard-wired to a FritzBox 7581
DAC: Cambridge Audio 861N linked to Nucleus by USB cable

Problem: App on iPad occasionally crashes, closes while playing music

Hello @Arno_Pfennings, I have a few questions for you:

1. What version of iOS are you running?
  2. What version of Roon are you running?

IOS 10.14.6
On the MAC Roon Version 1.7 (528)
And Nucleus 1.7 (528)

Just crashed at 20:22…music still playing from the DAC (but that could be a memory-thing) (and after clicking the icon again it opened at the same menu where it left

Hello @Arno_Pfennings, thanks for the information.

Do you notice this happening more often while you’re on a particular screen? Also, how often do you experience this behavior?

As I remember about 5x in the previous month. Not aware that it is a particular screen when it happens but usually when playing music (and perhaps in parallel looking/searching for other albums…but I will try to keep track of it and notify you

Thanks!

Hey I also noticed that you said your iPad was running iOS 10.14.6. Do you have a system update available for it? Our minimum system requirements recommend iOS 11 or above and it would be a good thing to rule out if an update or another device is available to test.

Sorry, the 10.14.6 was my macbook. Will check the iPad tomorrow

iPad version is 13.3.1 and I just updated to the latest 13.4.1

Hi @Arno_Pfennings,

Have you tried completely uninstalling the Roon iOS application, rebooting the iPad, and then reinstalling?

I will when it happens again to see what’s the difference after that

I do experience this as well, about noce a week(?).
As the app restarts at the same place where is was before crashing, I do not mind too much. But it is worth reporting.

Dirk

Hey @Arno_Pfennings, Carl has a good suggestion here. Let’s try the reinstall and see if the issue persists. Let me know!

After 1 more crash, ok? :wink:

Just crashed. Playing music, trying to scroll down from the top (album cover) down to the tracks…screen did not scroll…was frozen and after that app closed.
When re-opening, music still playing and the right album on screen and scrolling worked

Hello @Arno_Pfennings,

Thanks! Diagnostics have been enabled on your account. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

Today again: Roon crash 17:42 27 May (after freezing on screen while music keeps on playing)

If I could get an upload-link I will upload the ZIP of the Log