Roon Core Machine

Self build system based on:

• Asus PRIME Z790-P MB latest bios
  • Intel Core i5-13600K
  • Windows 11
  • 32 GB RAM
  • Samsung SSD 980 pro 2 TB and 990 pro 1 TB latest firmwares
  • nVidia RTX 3070
  • Latest updates, bioses and firmwares whereever possible.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Router: Edgerouter 4
Switches: Unify Switch 8 150W, Melco S100 connected to the Unify switch
No VPN

Connected Audio Devices

• Roon Rock running on NUC with 4 TB SSD containing collection, also Tidal, connected to Melco switch
  • Windows 11 PC connected to Unify Switch. Using Audioquest Dragonfly Cobalt for playback within Roon

Number of Tracks in Library

58.000 tracks

Description of Issue

Roon is running the latest versions on core and Windows (2.0 build 1311). Since this version the irritating stuttering of the mouse within the Roon interface on windows has been fixed, that’s great!
But, after playing 1 or few tracks Roon just crashes without warning. The only thing is it seems to crash more often with hires 24-bit tracks.

The following info is from the even log:

Event ID: 1001

Fault bucket 1629688793822548855, type 5
Event Name: RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Roon.exe
P2: 1.0.0.0
P3: 10.0.22621.2.0.0
P4:
P5:
P6:
P7:
P8:
P9:
P10:

These files may be available here:
NULL

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: d6ae02dc-4111-4bb9-b918-7c2bfe878254
Report Status: 268435456
Hashed bucket: cf666717607e6b0d169dd152d23a5377
Cab Guid: 0

How’s the RAM usage at the time when it crashes? RADAR is Microsoft’s memory leak detector.

Also ensure that your Nvidia drivers are up to date.

If you google for RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64 you will find that this seems to happen predominantly with games, which might simply be because games are often buggy and tend to have memory leaks. So it could be Roon is leaking memory, too (and there are certainly enough threads about high and increasing memory usage in certain circumstances). Or it could be graphics drivers because Roon also uses graphics hardware acceleration like games.

Hey @Audiofi3l,

Ben with the support team here, thanks for writing in!

@Suedkiez brings up some important and useful next steps in troubleshooting, let me know if you were able to run through any of the suggestions above.

I also noticed the switch you’re using is a fully managed switch, which can often times cause odd issues with Roon. I would remove this switch from your network path temporarily, and see if your issues persist.

I’ll be on standby for your reply. Thanks! :+1:

Thanks for your reply. I always keep the video drivers to the latest… and of course when i am watching roon and mem consumption it stays running for hours…
I must say though when roon crashes this is often when it’s minimized or running in de background…

Thank you for your reply… i am not really able to remove the switch from the path because of everything connected to it…
Other devices and arc are working fine though…

Hey @Audiofi3l,

Let’s also test how things run on a fresh database -

• Create a Backup of your current database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder
  • Verify if the issue persists on a fresh database before restoring the backup

For testing, please only log into your Tidal account and test streaming content before restoring from a backup or importing any local content.

Let me know how things go, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.