Roon crashes and won't start

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

OS X 10.13.2

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Fritz Router 7590

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

iMac built in (iMac (Retina 5K, 27 Zoll, Ende 2015))

Description Of Issue

suddenly, after a crash of my SSD, started from a backup from HD, Roon crashes and do not start any more. I installed a new download after deleting the old installation, but it does not help. There is the message I shall contact the support.

This is a short version of the system crash:

Process: Roon [2249]
Path: /Applications/Roon.app/Contents/MacOS/Roon
Identifier: com.roon.Roon
Version: 1.0
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [1]
Responsible: Roon [2249]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2019-11-16 08:03:14.630 +0100
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.13.2 (17C88)
Report Version: 12
Anonymous UUID: CA2EA079-B5C6-C51E-A98F-C3210739254A

Time Awake Since Boot: 1300 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 0

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Reason: DYLD, [0x1] Library missing

Application Specific Information:
dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/GameCenterFoundation.framework/Versions/A/GameCenterFoundation
Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/GameKit.framework/Versions/A/GameKit
Reason: image not found

Hello @roon-user-tin,

Let’s see if starting with a fresh database changes the behavior you are seeing:

A) Open Finder.app.
B) In the menubar click Go > Go to Folder.
C) Type in ~/Library and click “Go”.
D) Find the folder called “Roon” and rename it to “Roon_old”.
E) Launch Roon.app.

If this does not resolve the issue for you, I would wager that there is some system library missing in your recovered macOS instance.

-John

Done, without solving the issue!

I instead started a already old installed Roon.app from another HD connected and it worked - after a while it says there was an update, close the app and restart. I’ve done this and now the old Roon app dows not work either :frowning: !

Did you get my message?
With an older version of Roon.app there was no issue til the app was updated !?

Hi @roon-user-tin,

Can you please upload a copy of your Roon logs by using these instructions? The best place to upload them would be to Dropbox / Google Drive and then post a link here or private message them to John & I.

I decided to stick on build 416 as it works. When I have to update to the next build I’ll try again and of course let you know the complete logs.

Never experienced such a behavior, I’m using computers for over 30 years now…

Thank you for your fast willingness to help.

1 Like

Hi @roon-user-tin,

Thanks for the update. Do let me us know if the same behavior occurs when you next update.

Next update (1.7) works fine again. Do not know what the issue was but the app crashed every time after starting it. Replacing with an old version from a backup helped in the meantime…

Hi @roon-user-tin,

Glad to hear the new version works fine again. If you have any further issues please reach out again and provide logs, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.