Roon crashes frequent on Windows 10

Roon Core Machine

|Processor|Intel(R) Core™ i7-3687U CPU @ 2.10GHz 2.60 GHz|
|Geïnstalleerd RAM-geheugen|8,00 GB (7,87 GB beschikbaar)|
|Apparaat-id|81FB1581-2DA0-4733-BB21-0F8F634685F4|
|Type systeem|64-bits besturingssysteem, x64-processor|
|Pen en aanraken|Pen- of aanraakinvoer is niet beschikbaar voor dit beeldscherm|

Editie Windows 10 Home
Versie 21H2
Installatiedatum ‎8-‎9-‎2020
Build van besturingssysteem 19044.1586
Ervaring Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Hey @Adrie_Laan,

It’s great to see you again! I wanted to check in and see if you’re still running into issues with Roon crashing? If so, could you please edit your original post to fill in all the additional details regarding your setup? It is immensely helpful for us to know your network specifics as well as any endpoints etc.

Also, if possible, grab a timestamp of the next time Roon crashes, and let me know. That way our team can take a look into your account at the time of the crash specifically.

I’ll be monitoring this thread for your reply :+1:

Networking Gear & Setup Details

On the HP laptop Roon crashes dayly. It is connected by wired ethernet. Passes several switches before being connected to a HP Desktop where the Roon core is. The music is located om a Synology NAS.

On the NAS I have about 66k of music files. Mostly ripped CD’s in dsf format.

Roon seams to crash more when there is a lot of activity besides Roon.

The music is played on a Lumin D2 netwerkplayer, and sounds awesome. The lumin gets the music through a strech of fiber network. It’s the last strech of ethernet form the NAS to the Lumin. The rest is a 1 GB wired ethernet.

Description of Issue

Most of the time the Roon Core on the HP desktop is stable, although it tends to crash now and then within a weeks time. The core is upstairs, most of the time I’m downstairs listening by means of an Ipad. The ipad is very stable!

When I’m working on my music library I move to the HP laptop. Of course I have a window open displaying the music that is on, but I need to restart it many times. It has become a habit…

Please go to Intel website (not Windows update), download the GPU driver, and install it.

Turn off any firewall and VPN on Windows from which you run the Roon Core.

1 Like

The driver could not be installed on my laptop……

No supported driver or software updates are available for your system.

Hewlett-Packard HP EliteBook Folio 9470m

BIOS

Version

Default System BIOS

Date

4/12/2019

MOTHERBOARD

Manufacturer

Hewlett-Packard

Model

18DF

Version

KBC Version 62.19

OPERATING SYSTEM

Edition

Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64 bits)

Version (Build)

21H2 (10.0.19044)

Hey @Adrie_Laan,

Following up on what @wklie mentioned, you may need to first remove or uninstall any current drivers you have in order to perform a new install. Here is more info on this.

Also, please update to the newest Roon build (987) and let me know if your issue persists :+1:

Intel sends me to HP:

A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer. The Intel Driver & Support Assistant is not able to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues. Contact Hewlett-Packard (HP) for the latest driver for your computer.

According to HP my driver is the latest.

Hi @Adrie_Laan,

Do you experience the Windows crash when you minimize/maximize Roon? We’re tracking a known issue in this topic thread, and I wanted to confirm if the symptoms you’ve experienced on your Remote device are related.

1 Like

No, the Roon windows is stable on that point.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.