Roon crashes on launch

@noris Well, I am pleased to say that I have now, at last, managed to restore a backup from July, meaning that not much of my work/library has been lost. The procedure you shared in your last post in August is a procedure that I had attempted several times before (following the advice of @xxx here). So I can only conclude the following:

• My Roon library became corrupted, but the automated backups were not corrupted.
  • For some reason the latest version of Roon in early August wasn’t able to restore my backups - so there was also an issue with the Roon software.
  • A more recent Roon update, presumably Roon 1.7 (Build 610), enabled the restoring of backups to work again.

I am very relieved to have everything back, but still concerned based on some of what I have read on this forum about the lack of validation of Roon’s backups, stated most clearly in this topic. To know that a Roon library can become corrupted and that all backups could be corrupted too, without checks made at the time of making a backup is concerning. So, before I decide on whether or not to continue to use Roon, I would like to hear from Roon staff about the implementation of this much needed feature.

I am also rather unhappy about the length of time that I was without music, due to the initial slow response of the technical support team, and would like some assurance about the anticipated time frame for responding to such significant issues.

With Best Wishes,

Nick