Roon crashes on Mac

Roon Core Machine

Synology DS1821+, 4x AMD Ryzen V1500B CPUs @ 2.2GHz, 32GB RAM, DSM 7.0.1-42218 Update 3

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Gigabit Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Multiple Apple HomePods

Number of Tracks in Library

150000 tracks approx.

Description of Issue

Suddenly the Roon client on my M1 Mac mini crashes upon start. Pls note that this apples only to the Mac client; the other Roon clients (iPad, iPhone) work just fine.

I have deleted and downloaded a fresh installation file from the website, the installation completes successfully, but upon starting the client, it crashes.

Can you please help?

Great to see you again @Nikos_Katagas!

Thank you for reaching out to us with your question. My apologies for the delayed response and for your wait. We’ve made some recent changes to the support team structure and some reports have experienced a longer response time than usual.

I’m sorry to hear that you were having issues with Roon crashing on your Mac Mini. Since some time has passed I wanted to touch base to get your current status. If you’re still experiencing this problem and need assistance please let us know.

A good first step if you are still experiencing issues would be to uninstall Roon completely on that machine and then reinstall. (On Mac, hold down the Option key (⌥) to unhide the Library folder in the Go pull-down menu). You’ll need to navigate to ~/Library/Roon and trash that folder. Removing the app alone won’t remove the cache and config data.

After doing that, restart, then go to our Downloads page and reinstall Roon Remote. Restarting the device after you update them might also be a wise additional step as a restart always helps to get things back to normal.

We’ll be watching for your reply and get back in touch as quickly as we can. Thanks!

Hi @benjamin , thank you for getting back to me.

At the moment I’m not experiencing any problems any more; I don’t know if it was the clean install or the latest Monterey update (or both!), but Roon seems to have stabilised on the Mini now.

If I have anymore crashes, I’ll get back to you, but let’s both hope that this topic will close automatically in a month’s time! :smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.