RAM 12.0 GB
CPU 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
AMD Ryzen 7 3700U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.30 GHz

Networking Gear & Setup Details

ROUTER: ZYXEL VDSL VoIP IAD VMG8623-T5OB
Dual-Band Wireless AC/N VDSL2 Combo WAN Gigabit IAD
Fiber Connection via Ethernet cable to ROON Core @ over 200kbps

Connected Audio Devices

Connected through WiFi to a Bluesound Node 2i (only 2 meters away within line of sight)

Number of Tracks in Library

Currently 10948 tracks

Description of Issue

Hi there.

I have been using Roon on my laptop Windows 11 as a core for almost 2 months.
I love it and I am considering a lifetime purchase.

But more than once each day, it will crush all of a sudden. My connection is stable and always via wired ethernet. I would love some assistance with this as it would be a major reason for me not to continue with a purchase or even with my monthly subscription.

I don’t see the reason for the crushes to occur as my library is rather small and my connection the best one available in my country, and a rather solid one.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @Aris_Tsogas,

Welcome to our Roon Community, we’re glad to see you! We apologize that it was a problem that prompted your visit.

We’ve seen Windows updates cause issues with graphics drivers which results in this behavior. Windows’ automatic driver updates can sometimes be a bit unreliable, and we’ve seen direct downloads from the manufacturer help in cases where Windows installations did not, so it’s worth a try if you haven’t gone that route.

Please follow these steps:

• quit Roon
  • reboot the Windows machine
    • Turn off your Roon Core
    • Unplug your Core for a few minutes
    • Plug the Core back in
    • Turn on the Core
  • uninstall your graphics drivers
  • navigate to the manufacturer’s website for your Graphics Card (for example, a popular one is NVIDIA) and download the graphics drivers directly from there
  • install the graphics drivers
  • relaunch Roon and check your audio devices page.

Please let me know if this helps. I’ll be watching for your reply and get back to you as soon as I can.

Dear Jamie

Thank you for taking the time to address my issue.

Unfortunately I have not been able to do as you suggested above since I was extremely busy.

But I would like to share something very strange, still requiring your kind assistance.

My initial issue has stopped occurring all of a sudden, so I thought “great! that’s gone!”.
But as it seems it gave its place to another problem… As it seems ROON does not like me so much.

So, the “new” issue is that my tracks have started to stop during playback, and the “tidal is loading slowly etc” notification occurs.

As I have described in my thread above, my connection is rather “strong” and ALWAYS wired via Ethernet.

Why is this happening…

Could my last issue (which I repeat, has “magically” stopped by itself) be somehow related??

I am still having strong thoughts of quitting the platform even though I love all the rest aspects of it…

Please let me know how can this be resolved…

Thanks in advance once more.

Hello again @Aris_Tsogas,

What you’re seeing is commonly caused by Network issues. We’ve made some changes in recent builds that should help address this. If you’re still having problems with this please take a look at this article from our Help Center on Optimizing your Network for Roon.