Roon crashes sometimes during playback

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon 1.8 build 783 on my Mac

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet connection through Ubiquiti router.
Paul Pang quad switch.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

DCS UPSAMPLER

Description Of Issue

Roon radio hangs and crashes for the past 1 week + the selection will play for only 3-5 tracks and then it crashes …

I also have/had this problem since about a week. I think it came up with build 783. I also had a lot crashes listening Live Radio. Today it seems to be more stable. I am listening since a few hours without problems. I hope this was a temporary problem!

Hello Norbert ; thanks for sharing the issue …Mine more on playing tracks using the ROON Radio function. It just crash very frequently. My music library resources are from my NAS, Tidal and Qobuz. When I select a track either from these resources; it will play for 3- 5 tracks or more and then the entire Roon crash …and then return back but then it stop playing . Hopefully someone here can diagnose the issues and guide me.

Hi, Paris. I was to optimistic yesterday! Again Roon Radio stops after a few tracks - looses the core and the starts again in the pause mode! I am searching in the forum if there are others with this problems. There are at least a few.
I am using an Innuos Zen Mini as Roon core and Mu-sos from naim 1st and 2nd gen connected via ethernet, I also hope someone can help us!

Your explanation is spot on. I am using the roon nucleus as the core.

Now sometimes tracks are skipped and the next track is coming up on Roon Radio. I think this has been discussed in other forums. I am using Android apps to control Roon.

I found a post of robert_Goodhope here Tracks Not Completing and Skipping To Next Track - Support - Roon Labs Community and after a try unless on my Mu-so Qb (connected via AirPlay) the issue occurs less often after a trial of about one hour. I still have to try it on my ethernet connected devices! I would recommend just try it at one endpoint first.

Hi @Dr_Paris_Ng_Kwok_Chy

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble here!

When you say that it’s crashing, is the crash completely closing the app, or is playback just stopping? Do you receive any error messages?

Does this happen if you play to a different endpoint?

@Norbert_Neuwirth — Would you kindly start a new topic in the #support category and fill out the template with your setup details? Our team will take a look and follow up as soon as possible. Thanks!

Hello Dylan ; The crash completely closing the apps …and then in a few minutes return …playback is stop at the track that was playing.

Dylan
What you mean by different endpoint ?
To elaborate again ; I been a user of Roon software using the Roon nucleus for the past 3 years . Normally I will choose 1 or several songs either from Streaming or from my library located in my NAS. I will switch on the awesome Radio Roon function which I enjoy very much. Other than the last 1- 2 weeks ; I will have no problem on the playback. As I will then go to my normal duties where the music is playing. After playing for 3-5 tracks some of which the Roon Radio chooses ; the entire apps freeze /crash .

Hello Dylan,
Today I still have the issue …now even playing from my Playlist …the apps just hang and then a few minutes later …only reappear where the playback stop

A post was split to a new topic: Roon radio limited to library cant play roon radio

A post was merged into an existing topic: Roon Radio stops or skips tracks

Hello all ; since I have not heard from the technical department in Roon ; I did my research and decided to reset the Roon nucleus ; reinstall and restart the entire process ; of course this will lose out your playlist and others if you do not save it ; so far is running smoothly . Prior to that I check on the network provider in my country…and test some 4k movies which was running smoothly ; so I decided it could be the Roon core inn my Roon nucleus may have some internal conflicts. I monitor it in these coming days …currently no crash since I do that …20 minutes ago

Hi @Dr_Paris_Ng_Kwok_Chy

Thanks for the additional info here!

Please note the exact local time + date when this issue next occurs and the name of the track that was playing and upload your Roon Logs by using these instructions. The best way to get them over to me would be via Dropbox / Google Drive, but if you don’t have either service please let me know and I can provide alternate upload instructions.

Noted Dylan, my music system sits in my R&D office not my home ; so if I still have issues on it : I will follow your instructions as above: and state the local time + date and name of track. I keep playing the Roon non stop since 6 pm ( 1800 GMT) My local time I will check again tomorrow if it stop. It was playing without crash after my reset, etc.

Hi Paris,
are you still fine with your solution. Here on my end system working sometimes for a few hours sometimes a few tracks.

So far is running better after the above reset of the Roon nucleus.

Thank you. I will give roon support a few days more if they can help after checking the log files. Maybe I will try a facory reset on my innuos but that means reimporting everything.