Roon Core Machine

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013) 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Wi-fi

Connected Audio Devices

Native Instruments KA6

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

This started happeneing today after starting Roon. It was fine last night. Roon will crash when I type in the Album view filter field. Sometimes it’s after 1 or 2 keystrokes, sometimes 4 or 5 and sometimes when I hit delete. Roon software is up to date and I’ve tried rebooting the iMac but the problem still persists.

Anyone else had this happen?

Used to happen to me. That’s stopped now but instead it crashes when I try to edit an album

Hey @fireapple,

Ben here with the support team, thanks for your patience while we work through each thread. Are you still running into crashing issues when tying in the album filter?

If so, could you please reproduce the issue, and share the specific date and time of the crash? Is there is a specific pattern when typing that results in the crash? A specific character, etc?

I’ll be on standby for your reply. :+1:

Hi Benjamin, thanks for replying.

I have just reproduced it now. 11.58pm UK time. It’s gotten to where one key stroke, any key, will crash it but I can paste text in to the field and it’s fine.

Thanks for sharing that info @fireapple, I will bring this issue to our developer call tomorrow and should have more information to share then.

In the meantime, I want to see how things run on a fresh database. Before doing anything, though, please make a fresh backup of your current database. :+1:

After performing the backup, please follow the steps below, and test using the album view filter before loading up any local libraries, or restoring from a backup:

• Create a Backup of your current database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder
  • Verify if the issue persists on a fresh database before restoring the backup

Thanks, @fireapple!

No problem with a fresh install but the problem still persists after restoring.

Hey @fireapple,

Thanks for your patience here! I wanted to let you know our team was able to reproduce this issue, and have submitted a ticket to our developers. I will keep you in the loop as things progress. :+1:

Thanks, @benjamin :slight_smile:

@benjamin maybe you know anyway but just in case there were some other crashes when typing:

1 Like

Yeah, it appears that the trouble I just reported with crashing (on Windows and Android) when filtering is another example of the same thing.

@benjamin The new update has fixed this. Thanks.

1 Like

Looks like my ‘World in Motion’ search crashing is now fixed. thanks!

1 Like

Hey @fireapple,

You beat me to it! I’m so glad to hear you’re fixed up and back to listening properly. Enjoy! :notes:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.