Roon crashes with iPad air

Roon rock intel 8thgen

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Asus 1950

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
USB

Description Of Issue
Crashes every 20 min on iPad Air. I can restart immediately but annoying

What model Air, What iOS version is it on and what Roon version do you have installed on the Air?

Hi @jim_giordano,

Have you noticed any patterns in when this occurs? Do any specific actions seem to cause the crashing or does it happen after some time regardless of what actions are taken?

How does the app crash? Does it just close? Are there any error messages?

How is your Core connected to the network? Are there any switches involved or is it just directly to the Asus router mentioned above?

Hi,

I thought Air is the model. SW version is 12.2 Model # is MD786LL/A, 32 GB.
Roon OS is the latest software 1.0 build 174 Tablet version is 1.6 build 401 and core 1.6 build 416.

No patterns noticed but I will need to pay more attention to that. It closes with out error messages. There is a core that is connected to a switch to a router.

Hi @jim_giordano,

Do you have any other remote devices that connect to this Core? Do they experience issues as well or just the iPad?

No other devices connected to the core, just Roon and Roon integrated with Qobuz.

Hi @jim_giordano,

I think the next step here is to enable some diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here.

However, before I enable this feature, I’d like to ask for your help ensuring we gather the right information.

First, can you please reproduce the issue once more and note the time at which the error occurs. Then respond here with that time, and I’ll make sure we review the diagnostics related to that timestamp.

I will thank you Dylan.

On Friday 5/3 9:33pm and 10:01pm Eastern Time is when the crashes occurred. I will continue to monitor and report.

Thanks,
JIm

Hi @jim_giordano,

Now that I have the timestamps, diagnostics have been enabled on your account. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

Hi @jim_giordano,

The diagnostics report came in for the Core machine, but not the remote device. I’ve re-enabled diagnostics — When you get the chance can you connect your iPad remote to the Core and let me know when you’ve done so?

Thanks!

Done, check now I will leave it on

Hi @jim_giordano,

Just wanted to update you and let you know that the diagnostics report was received. It’s currently with the team for analysis, I’ll be sure to update you once I’ve received their feedback.

In the meantime, I was hoping you could provide some additional details about the crash. You mentioned there was an error message. What error are you seeing? Can you share a screenshot?

Thanks,
Dylan

I reviewed my posts and I stated it crashes without error messages. That is still the case. It just goes back to my “homepage”

Hi @jim_giordano — Apologies, I was going back through our previous discussion and misread that part.

I’ll reach out as soon as I have further feedback from the team, thanks!

Hi @jim_giordano,

If you navigate to the app store do you see an update available for Roon? If so can you update and let us know if there’s any change?

If that doesn’t work can you try reinstalling?

Ok so there was an update build 174. I did the update but still crashes occasionally. So I guess the next step is uninstall the app and reinstall. (I am not touching Roon Rock Core)

Hi @jim_giordano,

Does the crash occur at the same rate as before or is there any change?

If you uninstall and reinstall the app is there any change?

hard to tell but seems a little better, but then again it was crashing about every 20min or so. It depends on how long I listen, I also have a Turntable so my listening sessions are from multiple sources. I have no uninstalled. i will try that and report back.