Roon crashes with iPad air

OK so I have had some time so I uninstalled and reinstalled Roon on my iPad Air. It still crashes.

Thanks for giving that a try, @jim_giordano!

Moving forward, the next time this occurs, can you make a note of the time once more and report back here with that time? From there we will enable diagnostics again and I’ll have the team take a look.

10:12pm NY time Saturday evening. I was using Qobuz. I am starting to believe it is an issue with the interface to Qobuz. Now that I give it more thought I don’t believe it has happened when I am working with local library.

same happend to me! While editing Some tracks, Roon exited.

Hi @jim_giordano,

Just to verify, by this you mean that this crash only occurs when you are viewing Qobuz content in Roon? Or when playing Qobuz content?

Mmmmm now ya got me thinking, it is when I am surfing for artists in qobuz (through Roon interface) I assume I have music playing and the music continues it is the app that craashes

Yes, music is playing and I am surfing for artists in Qobuz (in the roon app)

Hi @jim_giordano,

Thanks for confirming this. I’ve enabled diagnostics on your account so the team can take a look. The next time your iPad is connected to the Core machine the report will be uploaded to our servers. I’ll be sure to update you once the team has had a look.

Thanks,
Dylan

done, crashed twice

Hi @jim_giordano,

I met with the team today to discuss this and wanted to follow up with their feedback. They’ve analyzed the diagnostics report and they’re hoping to gather a bit more information about what you’re seeing to help them better understand this issue.

• If you launch Roon with iOS level sleep disabled, and leave Roon up on the screen without any input, does it still crash/close after the same amount of time?
  • The next couple of times that this occurs, can you verify what screen you are on when this occurs?
  • We mentioned this before, but if you have any Windows, Mac, iOS, or Android devices available you can use as a Roon remote, it would be a great data point for us to know if this is exclusive to the iOS device or if it occurs with all remotes.

Thanks!

I went in to auto lock to make sure sleep mode is disabled. running now

1 Like

5 posts were split to a new topic: iPad Air remote crashes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.