Roon crashing after 1 - 5 minutes after start

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Windows 10, 64b, Roon version 1.70 build 710

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Asus RT-AC5300 connected to the modem and to a NAS (Synology) where the music is stored.
RT-AX88U mesh connection where another computer is connected (Roon server) and it is also connected the Denon receiver

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
HDMI connection from computer to the receiver.

Description Of Issue
Roon seems to be updating the reading of the libraries once it started, but it automatically shuts down after 2 or 3 minutes, this happens from every computer that i’ve tried to use as a server.

Hello @Federico_Grigera_Kno ,

Welcome to the forum! Can you please reproduce the issue and then use these instructions to send me a log set for review? Any questions, just let me know!

Hi, here you have the logs from the server in the windows machine. Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @Federico_Grigera_Kno ,

Thanks for sending the logs over and for your patience here while we’ve had a chance to review.Looking over your log, there doesn’t appear to be much information regarding the crash. Can you please confirm if you temporarily disable your Roon Settings → Storage locations, do you still experience the same crash?

I look at “Roon Settings” and didn’t find the option for storage locations. But I disconnected the library and now is not crashing, but trying the roon radio, even when it sees the available radios and related songs, it doesn’t play them, but in the same computer, I checked in the website of those radios, and they work accordingly, so I cannot understand what is going wrong with Roon, and for the cost I’ve paid, it is just a headhache……

Hello @Federico_Grigera_Kno ,

Can you please confirm if you are still seeing this same issue following our latest Roon release?
If you only import a small subset of the full music library, does the Core remain stable?

I didn’t load the full library yet, but i had some folders and those where loaded, so i’m not sure what is the issue, is there any specific file format that would cause the app to crash?. Now i’m also trying to figure it out why some setup doesn’t work and some does in regards to pay music

Hi @Federico_Grigera_Kno ,

I’ve seen some corrupt .MP3s in the past cause issues, but generally speaking the files should be skipped if they have errors importing.

Can I please request that you send me a new log set for review? I would like to check to see if there are similarities between the previous set or if the new set contains new info.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.