Roon crashing after a few minutes

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 Core 3.7 Ghz with 32GB Ram
Windows 10 Home edition version 20H2 Build 19042.867
Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0
Roon version 1.8 Build 764
Video (which doesn’t seem to be the problem as nothing else crashes just Roon) is an AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Netgear Nighthawk 5ghz band. Everything else on network is working fine. Connected via Wifi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Attached via Windows PC to my STR DN1080 amp (this is the sound device for my TV and PC. PC and Tv attached to amp via HDMI.

Description Of Issue

I changed my Roon Core from my old PC to my new machine and as part of the setup Roon found 66,000 songs to add. Everything was going fine until track number 49279 . Can’t see anything to tell me which track that might be. My music is stored on a Synology NAS (DS218). Roon ran fine for about 6-7 hours. One thing I noticed is just before crashing every time the little revolving circle in the top right seems to stop spinning just before it crashes. No diagnostics warnings or errors just crashes.

Are your tracks all in one folder? You should be able to point Roon at different groups of folders which should identify the group where the problem is.

Hi Henry Thanks managed to track it down to one Jefferson Starship Folder Nuclear Furniture and all now seems good so obviously some form of corrupt file that Roon couldn’t handle and skip. Thanks all Cheers

1 Like

Thanks for the followup, @Colin_Spence!

Do you still have the files in question? If so, can you zip up the album and upload it here? I’d like to have the team take a look at what was occurring here so we can prevent any similar crashes from occurring in the future.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.