Roon crashing after upgrade to version 1.7

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

MacMini/MacOS Catalina/Roon latest version (1.7)
Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

LAN connection
Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

MacMini is connected via USB to LaRosita DAC, which in turn is connected to amp. Sygnalist Player is used together with Roon.

Description Of Issue

Roon shows multiple issues after updating to version 1.7 today, making Roon almost unusable:

1. While Roon was indexing music library, Roon caused MacOS to crash and restart multiple times.
  2. Playing music freezes every couple of seconds, regardless whether music comes from internet (e.g. Tidal) or from connected hard drives.
  3. At every start of Roon it tells me that I am not logged in to Tidal.

These issues never occurred with previous Roon version, even after upgrade of MacOS to Catalina.

You have our apologies for the trouble here, @Berthold_Kusserow!

Just to verify, is it just Roon that’s crashing, or the Mac itself is crashing?

Is Roon reindexing currently? Do you see a spinner in the upper-right?

Hi Dylan,
The reindexing seems to be finished now. Well it’s both Roon and the Mac. The machine suddenly closes down and restarts and resumes indexing. I don’t know whether it will now run stable, now that the indexing is done.
Best regards,
Berthold

Hi Dylan,
now that the indexing is done, it seems that the system is running stable. If any of the issues re-occurs I will let you know.
Best regards,
Berthold

1 Like