Roon crashing all the time

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac Mini late 2011, i5, 8GB, SSD 120.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

300mb wired

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Macmini connected to Matrix SPDIF 2 via usb

Description Of Issue

I have been experimenting with Roon for about 2 weeks, I love the program however I am facing some difficulties, my library is relatively large, about 6TB of audio on a NAS Synology 215j.

It just so happens that I can only use Roon for a few minutes until it crashes, sometimes it takes too long to respond, sometimes just by turning Macmini off, when I manage to shut down the system he always accuses Roon of not responding and asks if I want to force him to stop. shut down.

I know that the machine is not very strong but I understand it to be sufficient, I am not using resampler or HQPlayer filters, in the tests I do monitoring the activities while Roon is working well the machine seems to conduct the program with a certain amount of freedom.

Could someone support me? Appreciate!

Do you have a USB external drive you can attach directly to the Core just to test

The PC should be good for a medium library 1 - 2000 but 6 Tb is large, 10000 albums ?

It’s not uncommon for NAS to cause issues feeding slowly

Is it worse with hi res files

Yes, I have an external hard drive and I can test it, it has 3 TB. Altogether Roon took 5668 albums but I’m not sure if he managed to sweep the entire unit. I do have a lot of material hires, DSD mainly.

The network infrastructure is good, the NAS is connected to the Roter Uniquiti and since it leaves optical fiber to the sound room and here I have a Sotm Switch.

Macmini today is in the sound room connected to the Matrix, until I receive the Ultrarendu, but I faced the same problems with the Mini in the other room connected to the Roter Ubiquiti.

Worth a try directly with a drive just to eliminate the actual pc

1 Like

Hi @Audiophile_Kave,

Would you kindly use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link? Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you Dylan, I will look for the logs later and forward them to you.

I do not know if I could have posted here but anyway follow the link to the logs as you requested.[https://www.dropbox.com/transfer/AAAAAASudZ7fYE7VZAQQHZJVeTRcUhpCWkDLeJFGLoPfM-L1l6iPS1A]

Hello @Audiophile_Kave, those look like mac logs, can you please send us a set of Roon logs from Dylan’s link above? Thanks!

1 Like

I may have misunderstood, I took these files in the library / logs folder, as they were named with “roon” I thought they were these, I will search again.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.