ROON crashing and not finding mapped drive

I have ROON version 1.3 on a Dell Inspriron 15 7569 with a WD MyCloud as an NAS. I have my music folder mapped as the E drive. If the laptop goes to sleep ROON crashes when I open the program, but will work if I run it as administrator, but when it opens I have no library and according to the Storage setting that drive is not ready. The drive is ready as I am able to open the folder and files. The only way to make the drive seen is to delete the drive and re-install the mapped drive and wait hours for it to scan the 1.8 Terabytes. This is getting on my nerves. I paid for a year subscription and love it up to the last few days. It just started doing this a few days ago.

Hi @Gary_D_Amato ---- Thank you for the report and my apologies for the troubles.

Moving forward, may I kindly ask you to please post a screenshot of your storage tab (found under “settings”) in Roon so we can see how you’re mounting the NAS. Furthermore, could you please provide the following:

1. You mention that after Roon crashes you have to run it as an admin to get it to open, BUT the storage device (WD MyCloud) is now unavailable (i.e “drive is not ready”). While you are in this state, are you still able to access the NAS via the OS? No issues interacting with the media content on the device?

2. Based on your feedback you mentioned that things have been stable with this configuration up until a few days. Can you verify if any changes have occurred at all that, could be influencing this behavior? Remember, not details is too small :sunglasses:

Lastly, I would like to grab a set of logs from you so we can have a closer look into what could be going on here. May I kindly ask you to please follow the instructions found here and dump us a set of your Roon logs from the device hosting your core.

-Eric

Just had the chance to read your reply. Thanks for the help. I can access the NAS via OS and no issues with media content on it. I am thinking of any changes that may have happened and will put together a log and send it later this evening. Again thanks for the help and I love this ROON community.

(https://www.dropbox.com/s/4mwu96p38wncz6l/Logs.rar?dl=0)
here is the link to the ROON logs. hope it tells you something

Hi @Gary_D_Amato ----- Thank you for touching base with me and providing the requested feedback/logs! Both are appreciated!

Confirming that the logs have been received and are in my queue to be evaluated. Once we’ve completed our analysis I would be sure to share our thoughts/findings with you asap. Your patience is very appreciated!

-Eric

Hi @Gary_D_Amato ----- Thank you for your patience here while our team has been looking into this issue for you.

Moving forward, as per the request of my tech team, we would like to have you (temporarily of course) with a fresh install. Could you please perform the following:

• Locate your Roon database according to these instructions
  • Rename the entire Roon folder to roon_old
  • Relaunch Roon, sign in, and configure a new install
  • Let us know if you see this error again

Note: Before anything, please make a backup of your current DB :wink:

-Eric