Roon crashing due to RAM consumption

Roon app disconnect from nucleus 2-3 times a day.
Nucleus is on latest software, at the time of disconnect Nucleus halting playback as well.
System has over 200K of tracks, 2 dcs vivaldi endpoints.

Hi @RobPod ---- Thank you for the report and sharing your feedback with us. The insight is appreciated and sorry to hear of the troubles.

Moving forward, to help aide in our evaluation of this behavior you are experiencing, may I very kindly ask you to please provide me with the following information:

• Are you noticing this “disconnecting” behavior from all of your remote devices or just some? Please provide the make/model of the devices exhibiting this behavior.

• Are the mentioned the endpoints (i.e 2 dcs vivaldi endpoints) the only active audio zones in your setup or are there others as well? Just curious if any other zones experience this stopping behavior as well.

• Please verify where your musical collection is being stored/accessed from.

• Please describe your network configuration/topology, being sure to provide detailed insight into any networking hardware you are currently implementing. I want to have a clear understanding as to how your device are communicating and all the tools being utilized that make these connections possible.

-Eric

Roon app basically start looking for Nucleus when it disconnect.
Yes 2 dcs units are only endpoints
Music is stored on QNAP NAS
NAS is connected to UNIFI us-48-POE Switch, endpoints connected to 24port switches connected directly to 48 port switch.

Happens to me all the time. Just on IOS based iPads, no matter the vintage, with all running the latest version of IOS. Have to kill the app and relaunch it.

@stevebythebay – I’ve checked you out before on this, and it always looks like a network stability issue for you.

@RobPod’s issue looks like he is crashing Roon due to RAM. Something unique about his library is blowing up RoonServer’s RAM usage.

@danny what we can do about it?

A post was split to a new topic: Remote dropouts due to network setup

@RobPod – we are trying find out what’s weird about your library. we are on it.