Roon Crashing Mac Mini

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac mini (os 10.13.6/8ram 256ssd/ I don’t know)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Plume mesh with cox 1 giga bit

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Onkyo tx-nr656/node2/

Description Of Issue

Roon crashing Mac mini I have logs of crashing

Hi @Ernesto_Guerra,

Was this working for you previously on this Mac Mini?

Does Roon crash right at launch or does it work for some time? Are there any error messages?

Dylan thanks for your fast response, yes it was working very well! It runs good and after almost all the time next day is out. I have a copy of the crashing log that that the OS sent to Apple would you like to take a look?

My build is 521 version 1.7 BTW…

An OS version of 10.13.6 might indicate one of 2 things…you haven’t updated your Mac or that (I am guessing this is right) that you Mac is older that might be desirable…and or could be having thermal issues even with a clogged up fan.

Hi @Ernesto_Guerra,

Just to clarify, is Roon crashing during use, or does it close between use each day? After restarting Roon it will continue to work for a day or so, correct?

Are you using Roon or RoonServer?

I think the next step here is to enable some diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here.

However, before I enable this feature, I’d like to ask for your help ensuring we gather the right information.

First, can you please reproduce the issue once more and note the time at which the error occurs. Then respond here with that time, and I’ll make sure we review the diagnostics related to that timestamp.

Dylan thanks for you response, please read below!

Roon crashing during use? NO
Does it close between use each day? YES crashes over night
After restarting Roon it will continue to work for a day or so, correct? yes works correctly

(note: Mac Mini is set to NOT go to sleep mode, SSD set NOT to sleep either.)

Are you using Roon or RoonServer? I’m using Roon

I’ll wait for it to crash again to send logs, do you want the logs from past crash?

ATT
EG

Hi @Ernesto_Guerra,

Yes, the next time that this occurs please use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link. Please also make a note of the time (approximate time is okay) that this occurred.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.