Roon crashing on Mac mini after 1.7 update

Hello, Roon Support,

I am having a similar issue where Roon crashes a few seconds after opening on my 2018 Mac Mini running Catalina 10.15.1. I get the opening icon, the usual random quote from an artist, and then it just shuts right back down like I never even opened it. I am a lifetime subscriber. Any idea what is going on?

Thanks,
Zach

Create a new post in support and fill in the requested information. Your problem may be overlooked tagged on the end like this.

Hello @Zachary_Zins,

Does rebooting your Mac mini allow Roon to be opened again?

Please use the directions found here to find and archive your Roon logs, upload the logs to Dropbox / Google Drive / Send.firefox.com, and post a link here.

Be sure to turn on “sharing by link”, instructions on how to do so for Dropbox can be found here and for Google Drive can be found here.

I can’t guarantee this will work, but a potential workaround to get you back and enjoying music would be to rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old” in your ~/Library/ directory. This will set aside your Roon database and Roon will start up fresh like you had never installed it before. Your old database will be preserved in the “Roon_old” directory until we can figure out what’s going on.

-John

running on Mac 10.15.2 Mac mini, the update doesn’t work, it goes thru the motions of downloading, stops Roon, then nothing. I’ve rebooted too with no help. If I just close the update window that Roon presents at startup, Roon works just fine, iPhones and iPads can still access it

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.