Roon Crashing on MacOS Catalina

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

macOS Catalina 10.15.4 - Mac mini 2018 3.2 Ghz Core i7 -16 GB RAM - 1TB SSD

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet 1GB
Audio storage on Synology DS415Play - connected through Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

MicroRendu - Ethernet to USB

Description Of Issue

Roon core is regularly crashing (several time a day) usually when the mac is sleeping.

Hello @Frederic_Perrin,

When you start the Mac back up, do you receive any errors? Also, are you running Roon or Roon Server?

Hello Nuwriy,

I don’t receive any error when starting the Mac back up.

I am running Roon version (not Roon Server).

Hey @Frederic_Perrin,

When your Mac goes to sleep, you’re temporarily suspending the processes running on it, for applications like Roon, this could cause issues when you resume usage of the Mac.

If you’re using remotes to access your Core, I would suggest checking our Roon Server as this would be a great solution for you that wouldn’t require keeping that Mac UI running all the time.

Hi @Frederic_Perrin,

Wondering if you got your problem solved? Roon on my iMac running latest Catalina is also crashing several times a week - usually when the Mac is sleeping. Can’t restart Roon without a complete shutdown of the computer.

Thanks much!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.