Roon crashing when adding songs to library

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Windows 10, Intel® Core™ i7-9700 CPU @ 3.00GHz, Roon Build 795

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Vodafone Hub / Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Audioengine HD3 speakers through Audioengine D1 DAC on Dell Tower with 2TB drive, via USB

Description Of Issue
Roon crashes randomly when adding new songs to my library from my PC. This does not happen if songs are loaded via iPad or iPhone. Any idea why this is happening and what can be done? Thanks.

Given you have three threads with separate issues I think a review of your whole roon infrastructure is probably needed.

That’s exactly what I’ve been hoping for by logging these issues over the last 4 months with #Support. Unless you suggest Roon doesn’t like a typical stable installation of Windows 10… :slight_smile:

All other apps work and sound perfect on my set-up, whether Qobuz, Spotify, YouTube, Games, etc etc. It’s just when playing music via Roon.

If I need to consider a separate solution altogether I’d be up for it - as long as I know it will solve these issues.

I think @support need to have a good look at your entire set up.

1 Like

I hear you Ged, but would have assumed a box standard Roon setup, done by the book, needs little pampering.

Thanks anyway for your interest!

It depends. TBH Roon can be much more sensitive to network problems for example that other apps completely ignore.

Ok understood.

Hello @johan,

I’m sorry to see that you’re experiencing this issue. A crash when trying to do something as simple as adding content to your library is unusual behavior to be sure.

We’d like you to please replicate the action that was caused the crash. If you experience the same behaviour please immediately generate manual logs using the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link (or any other file sharing service).

Logs will provide more information and allow us to examine exactly what’s happening here. We appreciate your working through this with us. We’d like to facilitate a quick resolution so you can get back to enjoying your music. :+1:t2::loud_sound:

Hi @jamie

Not sure why this problem appears and then disappears without any obvious pattern.

I’ve just sent a log archive zip to @dylan - let me know if it doesn’t contain what you need and I will gladly resubmit tomorrow.

Thanks!

Thank you for the update, @johan

Dylan will get back to you as soon as he’s had a chance to examine the logs closely. It does seem that the majority of your issues arise from your PC. We may need to look more closely at how everything is configured there.

Thanks @jamie - happy to help from my end and do whatever is needed to get a stable working solution.
In recent weeks, I’ve lost a lot of faith in the product and it’s introduced unwanted stress and rework in my life.

I enjoy reading about all the setups and fancy kit many other Roon users have! In comparison, you’ll find my Windows environment at home exceedingly dull and uneventful! :thinking: Basically, Roon installed on a pretty much clean new Dell Tower. It’s the classical-music-exploration that Roon software offers that I’m after. Hence, opting for a simple standard Windows setup (despite the lower sound quality) gives me that in theory.

Anyway, thanks @dylan for the help! I know you are thinly-spread, so appreciate the time.