Roon Crashing when importing Apple Rips

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
INTEL NUC NUC8I5BEH
Roon Rock, V1.0, build 186
Roon Server, V1.7, build 528

Note that the server did not crash, only Roon running on my iMac where I initiated the import. It is running the latest MacOS and the latest Roon software.

Model Identifier: iMac17,1
Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Core i7|
Processor Speed: 4 GHz
Memory: 24 GB

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Motorola Cable Modem
Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
microRendu over Ethernet

Description Of Issue
In the past, I have reported (and Roon has confirmed) bugs that cause Roon to crash when importing files from sources like LivePhish and Nugs.net. I have been waiting several years for that to be fixed. Now, it has gotten far worse. It is crashing when I try to import CD rips, leaving me unable to add newly purchased music. Rips are all Apple Lossless.

I reported other crashing issues earlier and fixing them temporarily fixed importing, but now it is broken again.

To work around this bug, I tried to follow the instructions pointed to by the README installed on my Roon Rock, but it is out of date. The directory structure has changed and https://kb.roonlabs.com/Roon_OS_Data_Directory has not been updated since 2018. It is not clear where to copy new files to get them to be imported.

@dylan Not sure why you moved this since it is a different issue. Before the Core was crashing at startup.

Either way, while we work out the cause, please let me know how to import directly into Roon Rock using the shared disk.

Hi @Nick,

I have split your post back out since you have confirmed that this is a separate issue.

Can you please upload the Apple rips that are causing this issue to Dropbox / Google Drive and private message me a link?

1 Like

Will do. Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.