Roon crashing when opening on iMac

Roon is crashing my iMac on opening. What info and how shall I provide?

thanks@

Hi @Peter_Rustin,

Can you give some specifics about the Core machine? What macOS version is it running?

Was this working previously? Were there any changes around the time this started happening?

Is the iMac your Core or a remote?

Yes, it was working for about a day.

Imac 2019, i5 3ghz 40 gb memory, Mojave 10.14.6
no changes made; it suddenly started to crash

the iMac is the core.

I cant get it open long enough for a log; it opens for a few seconds then crashes.

thanks!

ok, now it opened. but not confident about this! :slight_smile:

AAAAAAnnnnd…crashed again…

Thoughts?

Hi @Peter_Rustin,

Do you have any antivirus or firewall running on the Core? If you disable them temporarily is there any change?

No I don’t :pensive:

Hi @Peter_Rustin,

I’ve enabled diagnostics on your account so the team can take a look. Can you try starting up Roon on your Mac once more? When you do so the diagnostics report should be uploaded to us. I’ll be sure to follow up once the team has reviewed the report.

Thanks!

Ok. Done. It also won’t find new songs on my nas.

I am using a synology D218+, with Roon running on my iMac 2019. I added some music to the synology and it is not showing up in Roon. I tried to force a rescan; nothing. Thoughts?

Thanks !

Hi @Peter_Rustin,

First, I’d like to point out some documentation we have that may be helpful here. In our KB we have an article about Skipped Files and an article about why some files might be missing from Roon .

If you go to Settings > Library > Skipped Files do you see any of your missing files there?

I’d like to recommend looking at a couple of specific examples of tracks that did not get imported into Roon. Are they supported files? Are they showing up in Skipped Files? If it looks like they should be importing, let me know! Screenshots of these files in their storage location would be helpful for discovering what may be happening.

–no skipped files showing at all

—the files imported are apple lossless albums, and they are on my NAS in the specified folder

Hi @Peter_Rustin,

Would you mind sharing one of these files in a private message using a shared Dropbox link (or a link from any other file sharing service)? We can give this a test on our end.

Sure, will do when I get home from work. Roon is also crashing and hanging like crazy. :confused:

I am rescanning my library, and will then send a file if it doesn’t show up.

Dylan, now it’s crashing immediately on startup. So frustrating.

Hi @Peter_Rustin,

Can you try using a fresh database and let us know if things work when doing so? Here are the steps to take:

• Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Restart/Reinstall the Roon App to generate a new Roon folder

That really seemed to help. It’s on now and finding additional music that I have added. I’ll keep an eye on it and let you know if I need any further help. Thank you for all of the assistance