Roon creating hundreds of copy's of stored albums

Roon is creating hundreds of copy’s of each album in my library. At least that’s what I see on all remotes except one for some reason

Moved to support. Have you tried rebooting the roon server?

And, have you recently changed your watched folders under settings/storage?

I have rebooted several times, I just started with roon so I only imported a few albums to learn how it works,

I haven’t really changed anything, but It could be set up incorrectly. Some of the files have the same duplicate count, for example 5 have 358 copies and a 2 have 307 copies

It would be good to see a screenshot of Settings>Storage.

Do you happen to have any backups in your watched folder paths?

If I try to delete copies, I get file not found or I don’t have permission to delete

Do you have a back up to restore from?

I don’t. What’s interesting, using my android tablet as a remote everything is normal. on other devices I’m seeing all these duplicates.

Hmm. In your screen pic what’s under media?. I suggest making a folder called test, putting your sample music there, and only set the test folder up as a watched location. Disable all other file locations.

I’m using a stream player built by Jim Salk at Salksound, He’s going to try login through Team Viewer, and figure out what’s going on. I don’t think “root” is supposed to be in the storage file path

No, it usually is not.

Clear cache

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.