Roon cutting off end of song?

Hi I’m using Roon 1.8 with core running on an intel nuc i3 gen 10. Endpoint is a Mytek Brooklyn Bridge. When Roon plays a song it skips in the last few seconds of the song and moves onto the next song so the playback isn’t truly gapless. At first i thought it might be down to Audeze presets being on but it seems to happen with any songs. It doesn’t seem to happen with a song I select or ones that i pause in the middle. I haven’t tested it over usb just the network input on the Brooklyn.

Can anyone help?

thanks

James Holland

I’ve occasionally had this happen, when I’m listening to Radio.

James do you have cross fade turned on, I used to have this problem when I used to use cross fade, never had it since I stopped using it

HI Michael,

Don’t have crossfade on but I can report that, for now, the issue seems to be fixed. I did a hard shutdown on the roon core (held down power button). Gapless playback is back and the song completes. I’ll keep an eye on it but I know that some other users are experiencing this.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

James

1 Like

James good news, though I would not recommend the power button option unless absolutely necessary
Try using the web page on the core if you can get to it

1 Like

Hi Michael,

Agreed. I had tried that first.

James

1 Like

James that does suggest you might have had some other issues with Rock in that case, so probably your only option

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Dear Roon,

Running Roon Rock on an intel nuc gen 10 i3. Just had to reboot core and roon for 2nd time in two days due to it skipping end of song! Crossfade is not enabled (contrary to the ‘solution’ marked on previous thread). I feel a bug fix is in order if this keeps happening!

regards

James

@support, This problem is back:

Hi I’m using Roon 1.8 with core running on an intel nuc i3 gen 10. Endpoint is a Mytek Brooklyn Bridge.

When Roon plays a song it skips in the last few seconds of the song and moves onto the next song so the playback isn’t truly gapless.

At first I thought it might be down to Audeze presets being on but it seems to happen with any songs. It doesn’t seem to happen with a song I select or ones that I pause in the middle. I haven’t tested it over USB just the network input on the Brooklyn.

Regards

James Holland

Hi @James_Holland1,

What kind of content are you playing when the issue occurs? Local / TIDAL / Qobuz? Does the issue only impact specific kinds of content (MQA / specific sample rates)?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 19 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.