Roon cycles through all songs, not playing any of them

I would try updating your realtek drivers, there are multiple issues with realtek and all sorts of programs, including roon.

Try Gedā€™s suggestion of seeing if there are more recent drivers. I have Realtek audio hardware on my desktop PC (on an Aorus motherboard), and I canā€™t help but notice that I am seeing different settings available in both Roon and the Realtek Windows driver to youā€¦

Edit: sorry, I accidentally posted the wrong Windows driversā€¦ Hereā€™s the actual Realtek Windows driver - and I have all the boxes checked - and no crashing of my PCā€¦

Roon 1887

My drivers get automatically updated by the dell software. Itā€™s the latest version. I canā€™t check the exclusive control box because it messes with a lot of software I use. Signal enhancements are off because the dell maxxaudio drivers ā€œenhancementsā€ make everything sound stuffy and boomy. The problem is those custom dell drivers but I canā€™t remove them.

Nobody has an idea anymore?

I read through this quickly butā€¦ Roon cycling through songs like you describe usually means the Roon Bridge is reporting an issue with the play out buffer (which can be caused by many things including faulty drivers, bad cables to DAC, etc.).

You really should be using the WASAPI driver to the su9. Iā€™d ignore trying to get this working via the system mixer and focus on the WASAPI driver. Having exclusive access to the DAC will give the best sound quality as well as eliminate contention for the device which may cause Roon fits.

What do you mean by this? What are you actually doing?

You mean set default in windows? Windows default should be something not the su9 and use WASAPI driver exclusive to the su9 for Roon. You enable this in the Audio settings in Roon (Realtek(R) WASAPI) and disable the ā€œXPS 15ā€.

Switch in Roon or Windows?

I really do think exclusive mode will get this stable. Then, if you want to use the Windows mixer we can go back and troubleshoot that. But, as another poster already stated, those Realtek drivers are garbage and probably the root of the issue. Iā€™ve never had a ā€œstableā€ audio system on any windows system that uses realtek (and this is well before I knew anything about Roon).