Roon Cycles Through Older Files

I have the same issue, Roon cycles trough all songs in the selected album very fast, not playing any of them, and returns to the “Nothing playing” status.It happens with older files. My core is my external hard drive and everything plays trough my iMac. Please advise what to do!

Roon Core Machine

Lcie d2+
4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
32gb ram

Hello Juan - I’ve moved your posts to a new Support topic (the Roon Support team prefers separate threads to be opened for Support issues, because although symptoms may be similar, root causes can be different).

You say it “happens with older files”. Can you say something in more detail about this? Are the files in the same format as newer files? Are they in a different storage location? What is your network setup? Thanks.

||3:02 PM (4 minutes ago)||

to Geoff

|

Hi Geoff, how are you?

All my files are in the same location, my Lacie hard drive which is connected to my iMac, I’m extremely organized with my music, so everything is on point. I don’t have single songs, I only have full albums and 95% of them have all the works on metadata. In the beginning it happened with older files, now my Roon is crashing everytime I open it. I deleted and reinstalled Roon on my computer to see if that helped, but it did not. I haven’t been able to use Roon since this morning. What can I do?

Thanks for that quick response.

Best to wait for someone from the Support team to come along and pick this up, but in the meantime:

• can you describe the “crashing” in more detail? For example, are there any error messages?
  • when you deleted Roon from your iMac, did you also delete the Roon database? (at least, you get this option when uninstalling Roon from Windows - I don’t know whether the Mac version has this option)
  • have you been making Backups of your Roon database?

Hi!

• can you describe the “crashing” in more detail? For example, are there any error messages? No error messages, the software keeps loading, then crashes.
  • when you deleted Roon from your iMac, did you also delete the Roon database? (at least, you get this option when uninstalling Roon from Windows - I don’t know whether the Mac version has this option) I did not deleted my database. I don’t think there is an potion for Mac to do that
  • have you been making Backups of your Roon database? I don’t do backups.

Hey, how can you contact support directly? I haven’t been able to use Roon for a week now, I need to know what I’m I supposed to do?