Roon cycles through songs

I have the same problem.
I’m using a Steinberg UR22mkII on my PC Win10. System output is affected too, other software runs fine. It runs trough all songs really fast but does not play them.
I have installed a USB Guitar effect board a few weeks ago which works fine as a soundcard.
The Steinberg used to work always also after the effect board installed. This happens only since a few days.

Hi @Jodok_Pedersen,

Does this behavior occur when you play both local library content and streaming content (TIDAL/Qobuz) or just when playing one type and not the other?

It happens with both. Library and Tidal.

Hi @Jodok_Pedersen,

Thanks for confirming!

Since this issue affects all of your zones, including System Output, I suspect a firewall issue. If you are using a Windows Core, I would verify that both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe have been added as exceptions to your Windows firewall.

You can use these instructions to add the exceptions and the executables themselves would be located in your Database Location/Application folder path.

I would also add these exceptions to any Antivirus or other Firewall blocking applications you may have and ensure that you connected to your network via a Private network, not a Public one, see this guide for more information.

Thank you. I just fixed it. I reinstalled the Steinberg driver.
Maybe something got mixed up while using my other external sound card.

1 Like

Fantastic news @Jodok_Pedersen! Do let us know if you run into any other issues with Roon and we can certainly assist!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.