Roon Data Not Sync'd with AllMusic

For this album, I’ve gone into edit to try and re-identify so it pulls up the right album information (I own this cd and these are tracks located on my hard drive) from AllMusic, but for some reason, even though it shows in the edit screen, the page it displays from AllMusic is not the correct one. The album is from 1959 but the review and song listing defaults to an album recorded much later. I show the version Roon identifies and the one that it actually is.

It’s worth nothing that the review it pulls is from this album which is unrelated completely to the album I own. https://www.allmusic.com/album/then-along-came-kenny-mw0000079848

Not all of Roon’s metadata comes from AllMusic

I get that, but the the issue in this case is this album is identified with the wrong page on AllMusic.

Bump. Nobody can help with this?

Lets try tagging @support. They definitely should have responded by now but sometimes you just have to remind them :grinning: They are the only ones that can do anything about it. Users can’t change the Bio or where the album is linked to.

The review being (incorrectly) displayed in Roon for “A Night at the Village Vanguard” is actually for this album, “Midnight at the Village Vanguard”: https://www.allmusic.com/album/release/midnight-at-the-village-vanguard-mr0001248799

Although the album Lance linked to, “Then Along Came Kenny,” is mentioned.

I feel like I’m in Inception. Anyone else confused yet? :slight_smile:

1 Like

ha ha ha! Yes, I am very confused. I am like 5 dreams down running around in snow and attacking the library of my alma mater. Even more confusing is the fact that my top is supposed stay spinning or stop spinning to tell me if I am in a dream or, but what does it mean if I can’t get it to spin in first place? OH CRAP! TRAIN!

My bad, @jtnt, you are right, the review Roon links to is for Midnight at the Village Vanguard. Maybe the problem here is the similarities in titles: “A Night” vs. “Midnight” at the VV.

He has recorded a bunch at the VV:)

1 Like

Hi @Lance_Goler,

I just wanted to let you know we are looking into this and will follow up when we have more information. Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you! Very excited about the new release!

@dylan still no word on this issue?

@dylan It has been 19 days since you jumped in here. I acknowledge this seems like a small issue, but I would like to know if it is indicative of a wider problem or isolated to this one album, and of course, how to fix it.

@dylan still no word on the issue you were looking into for me? See above for it.

@dylan fyi, nobody ever got back to me on this issue.

@beka since you were pleased with my persistence on the other issue, maybe you could help me with this one since @Dylan never got back to me with a response. Thanks!

Hey @Lance_Goler,

It has been much longer than we had hoped it would be :roll_eyes:

And while it may seem like a smaller issue in comparison to being unable to use Roon at all, this is an important request, as it is coming from you, one of our subscribers. I apologize for the extreme delay.

Please, allow me to circle back to our team and see if we have an update :pray: