Roon database and music location help

Hello everyone,

I’ve been searching the community but I can’t seem to find an answer to a question that have.

I have a QNAP NAS that is just horribly unreliable. It was the location where my music files lived. It also was running Roon Core itself. After experiencing several random reboots every day, I’ve decided to find another solution.

I started again from scratch and now have Roon Core running on an older Mac Mini. The Mac Mini has a single, 2TB, M.2 drive.

For the successful operation of Roon, is it alright to install Roon Server on this one, M.2 drive along with my music library on the same drive? I understand that Roon Core requires a place to store the Roon Core database. It’s recommended that the drive that Roon Core database is stored is an SSD. So, with that, I have it covered with the M.2 drive. Again, would it be alright to have my music file library stored on the same drive?

Thank you,

Kevin

Hey @Country_King,

How wonderful to see you taking time to fine tune your Roon audio system. Your plans sound great!

There shouldn’t be any issue with the setup you’ve described. Please, just make sure your backup and music library are in different folders, even if on the same drive.

Cheers :blush:

Hey Rebeka,

Thank you for taking the time to help with my question! I really appreciate it! I’m a lifetime subscriber and thankful for your support. Helpful to know about keeping the backup separated! Thanks! I’m excitedly waiting for parts for a repair and upgrade destined on that very Roon Server.

Take good care,

Kevin