Roon database and settings not ready

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Rock on NUC 7i7BNH with 2 ssd, 32 GB Ram, latest bios
Roon Server Software

Version 1.7 (build 571) stabl

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet on HP PS 1810

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Project Streambox S2 ultra, Chromecast

Description Of Issue

Playback stopped, Roon core inactive, on webpage says database and settings not ready, resumed after hard reset, this is third time in last 2 days.

Hi @Bogdan_Dorin,

When does this issue occur, do you do anything immediately before the issue occurs?
Does a reboot of the Core sort the issue out each time?

Hello, just playback of Roon radio.
Reboot from Menu îs not helping, only a power on/off.

Hi @Bogdan_Dorin,

Can you please let me know the exact local time + date you next see this issue occur?
I’d like to enable diagnostics mode for your Core after having this info.

Ok, I will announce you. I just made first database backup if something bad will happen.

1 Like

Time is 8.08 gmt +3 daylight saving on (Bucharest, Romania)

Again:

Again:

Hi @Bogdan_Dorin,

Thank you for letting me know those timestamps. I have activated diagnostics mode for your ROCK and what this action does is automatically upload a log set to our servers for analysis, and I can confirm that the log report has been received.

Looking over the logs, this could potentially be an issue with the Operating System. I would suggest we try to reinstall the OS from the ROCK WebUI:

Hopefully the OS reinstall will help, but if this does not resolve the issue, we are hoping you could also let us know the following info:

1. How did you install ROCK? Did you follow the ROCK install guide and use the package provided on that page or did you install the ROCK package from elsewhere?

2. What kind of power supply are you using? Are you using the standard PSU that came with ROCK or are you using a 3rd party PSU?

I will proceed to reinstall.
It is standard nuc and psu and image from Roon site.
All to be in configuration suported.
It was working without problems from a long time.

1 Like

It is happening again, after reinstalling os second time.

Again

Recovery from USB Roon factory reset disk image.
Let’s see.

Again, can I have somehow access to logs ?
Maybe I start a fresh install on another SSD and database recovery ?
Or database is corrupted and a restore will no make difference, since os is fresh install ?

Thank you for supporting troubleshooting.
It looks like a faulty SSD (it not shows smart errors or read write test errors but I feel it that some cels are not working properly).
Reinstalled on new SSD, backup restored and it works without problems.
By the way, where can I find a description of what is backed up and restored and what is not included in ?
Thank you

1 Like

An overview, but not an exhaustive list, is given in the first section of the KB article on Backup.

Hi @Bogdan_Dorin,

Thanks for letting us know that the SSD was faulty and that replacing the SSD resolved this issue!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.