Roon database backup failing

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
MacOS 10.15.6 / Mac Mini 3.2Ghz i7, 32GB ram, 2TB storage / Roon 1.7 (build 571)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Meraki wired and wireless

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

B&W, Ropeee

Description Of Issue

Database backups fail with the error - Backup failed / Error backing up database
I am backing up to drop box.

Hi @Chris_Burtis,

Do local backups work ok? Do you have enough free space on your Dropbox account to perform the backup?

Noris -
Thank you for the response.
Dropbox only has about 4% of 3TB used but Roon seems to be having issues writing to it. I’ve restarted the service connection several times and also tried different/new directories to backup to.
With that being said, local backups do work so I have setup backups to my NAS which has it’s own backups. I’m happy with that and going to use that moving forward. Thank you for the help!

1 Like

Hi @Chris_Burtis,

Sounds like a plan, I can go ahead and close this for you. If you do want to look at this at a later point in time, Roon logs would be helpful, they can be accessed by using these instructions.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.