Roon Database Migration

Today my audioserver failed so I reinstalled everything. I still have the original drive with the roon appdata folders, a backup from last week, and all the music files. They were on the c: drive along with windows OS. This time I have installed windows and roon on a new 120gb ssd (c: drive) and the old 2tb ssd is currently d: drive.

I tried copying all the roonserver folders, deleting the application folder and installing roon on top. When i signed in, it added everything as new, none of my old tags or playlists etc. So i tried restoring a backup. This has now been going for an hour so I think it’s stuck and I’m cancelling it

How can I get back my roon database?

Hi @Pete_Moody ---- Sorry for the troubles and thank you for the feedback. Just to confirm, when you prompted the restore, it was from the log in screen, correct?

-Eric

From the login first, then I cancelled that after a long time, then signed in, it scanned everything, then i tried restoring again

Hi @Pete_Moody ---- Thank you for verifying that information for me. The time it takes the restore process to complete is contingent on the size of your library, so if you have a rather large collection this can indeed take some time.

Moving forward, I would recommend trying the restore again but leave it running over night and if the issue is still present in the morning, we can take a look at your logs to see what caused the problem.

-Eric

I started a restore before going to bed. This morning the settings screens had disappeared leaving the display of the album i was last playing, and nothing has been restored

Actually I think it gets stuck before the restore point. Settings > Backups > Find Backups > I select the backups folder, the folder listing has a guid > select this folder > opens a Backup Manager with the Roon Deathstar / eternal spinner

Hi @Pete_Moody ----- Thank you for the follow up and my apologies for the continued troubles.

Can you please follow the instructions found here in our knowledge base and drop us a set of your logs in a PM via a dropbox link? Let me know when the logs are available and we’ll have a look.

-Eric