Roon Database&Settings Not Ready, no network visible

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Intel NUC10i7 running Roon Rock, Version 1.0 (build 227) stable (strange, thought I had the latest updates). Serial #1C697A63BE2F

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

NUC directly via ethernet to switch (Sitecom)/router (Internetprovider’s Experiabox V10)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Meridian 210 (ethernet), HP laptop (Spectre) (wifi) or Iphone (wifi)

Description Of Issue

While playing spontanious loss of connection, could not find playing device anymore (operating Roon via Iphone). Still database is available via explorer on laptop. Tried all sorts of things, rebooting, reinstalling OS via webui etc. Also no network available is shown. Tried USB>LAN interface, then showed a second internetconnection, but no IP’s or else.

Hello @Jan_de_haaij, my apologies for the trouble here. Next time this occurs, could you please reply here with a timestamp and use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link.

Next time? The problem is actual…But in the mean time I sent back the NVME M2 SSD. In the BIOS it showed errors. So I’ll have to reinstall. My question: SSD’s gone bad seem to occur more often on NUC’s with Roon OS (according to other posts here), which arises the question if that has to do with how Roon OS behaves. On no other device I ever experienced any fault on any hard disk at all. So I ordered a new SSD from another brand, to see what happens. We’ll see if it all is a coincidence or else.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.