Roon Desktop App Crashing on Artist Pages

Hey @Wojtek_Iwan,

We appreciate your collaboration every step of the way :bowing_woman:

Thank you for the upload. I’ll follow up as soon as our team has a chance to look at it.

Thanks yet again for your patience :pray:

Hey @Wojtek_Iwan,

Thank you for your incredible patience while I got back to you.

I wanted to share what we’ve found and point you to where we think the issue might be. We’ve restored your database on one of our Cores, and (unfortunately) Roon did not crash on Artist Pages. We could not reproduce this issue.

The good news is that the database is not the problem. What might cause this is a hardware issue or the interaction with a piece of hardware. Do you have a different hard drive you can use?

Hey, no worries, I’ve been using Roon with a fresh database now, and so far it’s been running well, no issues.
To be precise, I don’t have any “hard” drives in my machine, just a bunch of SSD’s. Unfortunately, I don’t think I can just move Roon to another one and run it there, it automatically creates it’s folders on the system drive again and puts it’s stuff there when launched. I highly doubt it’s a drive issue, unless for some reason, Roon can’t cope with drives using PCI-e 4.0, but I doubt that.

If there is anything in my system I would point a finger at, it’s probably AMD display drivers. AMD drivers have always been kinda shady, and they still are. It makes sense to look there, as the freezing was only happening when windowed, and not when fullscreen, suggesting the whole thing is linked to the way Roon is trying to draw something on screen and failing. Why it’s not happening now on a fresh database though, I have absolutely no clue.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.