Roon Desktop client sluggish/laggy on PC

Roon Core Machine

Server:
Docker container on UnRAID
Dual Xeon CPU E5-2667 v2 @ 3.30GHz
256GB DDR3 RDIMM

Client device:
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (x64) Build 19043.1889 (21H1)
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080
32GB DDR4 3600mhz
2TB pcie 4.0 NVMe

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Unifi UDM Pro, everything on ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

n/a

Number of Tracks in Library

n/a

Description of Issue

The PC desktop client runs at low FPS. Functionally it works fine, but as soon as it is the active window my mouse drops to around 10-15FPS which is super jarring. I’ve tried both the 64bit and 32bit client as recommended in another thread but there is no difference. I’ve played around with Nvidia settings but nothing so far has improved it at all. My Macbook has no issues running the desktop app connected to the same core on the same network.

If you haven’t done so, try updating to the latest Nvidia video drivers. That might help.

2 Likes

Hi @Andrew_Colliver,

Thank you for reaching out and I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing this issue persistently.

In addition to double checking the Nvidia driver version, can you please verify the amount of storage space remaining on your Windows remote? I understand these procedural questions seem extraneous, but it will assist the tech support team in painting a full picture of your setup on our end.

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.