Roon desktop icon in Win10 suddenly turned to blank icon

Has anyone had an issue described in the subject line? After the icon changed, I could not access Roon, so I had to reinstall Roon to get the desktop icon back. Didn’t take long after a few updates and all appears fine. Nothing changed in my Win10 computer setup – or at least I don’t think anything changed. Puzzling and a bit disconcerting.

Hi @Flashman ----- Thank you for the post and sharing this observation you have made with us. The feedback is always appreciated!

I touched base with some of our team members to see if anyone has ever made the same observation with the “Roon desktop icon” as I have never seen it myself, personally. On of our tech team members had mentioned that he had seen this behavior once but since then has never been able to reproduce this state :face_with_head_bandage:

If you happen to know or figure out a way to reliable trigger this behavior please let us know and we’ll be glad to dig deeper.

-Eric

Eric, thanks for the response. Just prior to this incident, I had plugged in a DragonFly Red to my Win10 computer to listen to some MQA files on my headphones via Tidal, which required some audio adjustments, but nothing affecting my Roon set-up. I can’t imagine that would cause the icon problem. The next time I do this, however, I’ll keep a watchful eye on Roon.

1 Like