Roon Desktop on 2021 MBP (M1 Max)

Roon Core Machine

NUC i7

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I am finding Roon on my MBP to be unstable. In the past, I used to group this with my Auralic DAC, but mostly I not longer can because Roon on the MBP fails intermittently. When I separate them, Roon on MBP continues to fail. A restart works for a while. So, this is not a stable system when working through Apple’s Rosetta.

Hi @Richard_Presser,

Good to see you again, it’s. been a while. We’re. sorry to hear that you’re having problems.

Could you please edit your information above so that it’s complete? These details are essential to determining the cause of your issue and finding a solution. We want to get you back to enjoying your music as quickly as we can.

I also have an Apple Silicon Mac, but haven’t had any issues with it. I don’t think what you’re experiencing is down to the M1, but more likely is something else.

Can you provide a bit more detail about what you mean when you say that the “MBP fails intermittently”? Are you only having issues when you try to pair devices or does this also happen when Zones aren’t grouped?

We’ll be watching for your reply and get back to you as soon as we can.

Synology DS3018xs server, NUC i7 running Roon, no DSP, all Ethernet cabled.
The malfunctioning Roon is on a MBP with M1Max, 64GB of memory. DAC is Auralic VEGA G2.1 with LEO GX Master clock.
Roon on the MBP malfunctions intermittently, whether it is Grouped with the DAC or not. I had no hiccups on my 2018 MBP. This has only emerged since the MBP upgrade.

Hi @Richard_Presser, can you clarify what you mean by “malfunctions”? What exactly is happening? For example, is there an error message or does the application completely close, or something else?

It starts ending tracks early, jumps tracks within a second or so of beginning to play and stops being responsive. This occurs whether Grouped or not. And it’s intermittent. It can be fine for an hour or two and then simply stops working. It does not close. It simply stops working. It is unresponsive to the play/pause options.
It does show a message about slow feed from the server sometimes, but that’s clearly not the case. The Synology is idling, as is the NUC, and the problem has only emerged with the M1 Max MBP and plays perfectly on the Auralic when not Grouped.