Roon & Devialet

Hopefully this will help. We are a Devialet dealer and I have been given information which due to confidentiality I cannot share but what I can offer is this: Based on this information, we are hopeful that an update will be released sometime in May. No one is making any promises but they are acutely aware of the issue and the frustration it’s caused and there are definitely people working on it.

1 Like

That’s pretty much the story - official or otherwise - that surrounds anything Devialet for the past few years… Sadly it’s usually followed by more silence, secrecy, delays, and ultimately a failure to deliver.

To some that might seem like a negative statement… to me it’s just the Devialet I know.

I’d love to have RAAT on the Devialet (which fortunately Roon would handle the QA of) and get my 250 Pro updated to CI spec, but they both involve software/firmware which Devialet just don’t seem to understand. I keep my fingers crossed, but preserve my sanity by way of an Allo digiOne.

It‘s history repeating as @hifi_swlon said.
And especially since starting a beta tester group - without firmware updates to test and exchanging bugs, improvements with your testers, this makes things even worse & time consuming.
Think that is the sadest thing to see - having very passionate users that are willing to support and contribute in the development but are left quite alone.

I know there are a few enthusiastic guys over at Devialet but no idea what is happening there for the last couple of months. CEO has changed too and most likely other internal changes too.

Igor

Appreciate you replying here on the Roon community, but this issue of confidentiality is one of the main issues with Devialet - “We can’t tell you what’s going on, something is happening, we don’t know when it will finish, but rest assured we won’t be telling you”.

My comment above is directed to Devialet, not yourself, but for a product that cost $50,000 here in Australia (I have a 1000Pro) I would NEVER EVER recommend Devialet to anyone, but am stuck with Devialet now (how can I sell a product that has so much unknown issues).

Again please don’t take this as a complaint at yourself, it isn’t and your words are appreciated, but Devialet themselves don’t appear to care about their existing Customer base, their only interest is new customers. It’s clearly evident from their lack of communication, either directly to each customer, by group announcement email, or even by posting on their Core Infinity Log (last comment was nearly 4 weeks ago and zero since then). Sorry to say, but the apparent contempt Devialet show for their exisiting Expert customers is unbelievable (one thing is their consistency for saying nothing).

I bought a $2,000 Entreq product (Tellus 2), there was an issue with it fitting in to my display cabinet (worked perfectly just wasn’t the size as noted on their website). I sent a note to Entreq on the Friday, and received a phone call directly from Entreq Sweden on the Saturday. They offered to replace my existing Entreq model with the far greater Poseidon (more than triple the RRP cost of the Tellus, but at a greatly reduced price so as to show their concern for my customer well being). I can’t even get a phone call from anyone in Devialet, only emails, and then it’s infrequent (typical only once per week).

Which product do you think I would recommend to my friends (sorry can’t tell you as it’s confidential, but you may be able to work out.

Please again don’t take this against yourself, but as comment to Devialet (you’re more than welcome to pass on my comments if you wish).

1 Like

Well said. The upside is my Devialet – just a 220 – sounds great and Devialet keeps on upgrading it. But the lack of communication is maddening. I have quite a few audio products and every other company responds immediately when there is a problem. Devialet tells you to say nothing to anyone and then says little to nothing themselves.

From my experiences, the transport in use error is down to your local network having IP address conflicts.
Change the lease time on your routers/swtiches to 1 min or setup static address and it should all be sorted.

1 Like

Did you confirm this with the Devialet Team?

1 Like

No, but when i was rebuilding my NAS drive i came across this message and fixed it. Its an IP/MAC address conflict.

Oh nice. Please forward to Devialet too

Good suggestion, but I doubt this is the problem in my case. I have tested some more and get the error occasionally, but I can stream with Roon/Air for many hours with no trouble.
The other issues I mention in that post relates to the fact that Roon GUI is no longer displaying balance, bass, treble and invert status. Roon/Air shows this when streaming to amps without CI. I do not think this is a Roon problem. See post from john a bit up the thread (19 I think)

EDIT: is the Devialet exposing more than one MAC address on the ethernet/wifi port? That could explain the IP/MAC conflict you describe. I am travelling at the moment so I can not check with Wireshark…

I have to say I am with you on this point \ I have had no issues with the Devialet CI upgrade and customer service other than what they have stated in their beta release and I have a short term work around via Roon and Devialet. My view is that Devialet perhaps have did not foresee the possible networking permutations that exists on a retail level as opposed to small business. I recently went through similar wifi , transport with the low level technical LS 50 active speakers - the issue ended up with my router but I had to reset the hardware a dozen times. I really don’t understand that we are in the minority with respect to the " Devialet" experience, and I respect that perhaps there broader issues with their communication as the tinkering with the network can be painfully slow

@Rash @cereal_killer

Rash / Raj

Good on you for having positive experiences with your CI upgrades, but not everyone is in the same boat. As this is a Roon forum I’ll contain my comments in relation to the playing of music via Roon.

Prior to my CI upgrade Roon worked perfectly (off course that was since the Air/Roon integration). After the CI upgrade issue after issue playing music via Roon. I appreciate you believe that the issues which most people are having at present is to do with the specific owners Network set-up’s and not the CI upgrade.

I have 4 comments to this:

1. Before CI upgrade Roon worked perfectly
  2. After CI upgrade Roon had big problems playing music (especially above 96kHz)
  3. With both set-up’s my network set-up was exactly the same
  4. After the CI upgrade Devialet provided zero advice with network set-up’s

So from the above I do find it difficult for you to put forward that the onus is on the customer to fix their own network set-up, but not Devialet at fault for incomplete software or information being provided.

I have 2 x 250Pro’s set up in a 1000Pro configuration. Here in Australia this costs $50,000, therefore why should I the customer have to experiment with different solutions by myself to enable Roon to play music as I could before the CI upgrade.

Cheers
John

1 Like

With all due respect, bearing in mind all their hardware (including some previous models) has the ability to connect over a network and are aimed at consumers, perhaps they should. :grinning:

But of course they do. The issues run much deeper than this, as has been shown time and time again, and point to a very erratic software development process, sketchy or non existant QA and testing, poor communication, chaotic management, false promises, PR ‘spun’ reassurances, and deafeningly long silences. All of which cause a lot of grief to many loyal customers who otherwise love their technologically advanced, fantastic and beautiful creations.

Devialet are a frustratingly unfathomable company. Johns post above is one current example, and shame on them - he’s the owner of a $50,000 amp and that’s not what should be happening. Even if it cost $5,000 I’d be pretty upset for him.

FWIW very rarely are these things a simple network setting that fixes all. We’ve been there and done that with AIR. The simple truth is their networking stuff isn’t robust.

1 Like

John

I can see your frustrations buddy and my earlier post was not to downplay your experience.

I am here if I can help anyone including you

Just a couple of things with your issues

1. I had a similar issue with the sub-preout I thought I lost the my original configuration I then setup two SD cards one for the firmware upgrade and one for my configuration i found the settings on the firmware changed the sub preout and you can control this on the Devialet Remote (the third button on the remote has the option, your factory configuration is overriding your customized option) - I would click out the SD card, take out the power cords for 10 seconds, once you put the power cord back it will go thru firmware update (factory configuration message will appear) then power off Devialet via remote - insert your Sd config card - power on via remote and play with the settings on the third button to match the sub- preout settings to your configuration

With 192k files I am using Roon to play it at 96k and Dev outputs to 192k anyways but the work around is good and I have had no problems

Let now know how you go mate

I couldn’t agree more. When I sent in the Devialet for the upgrade I thought to myself “Do I really want to do this, it sounds so good and it’s problem free”. But I sent it in and now regret it. Air was working so well before that I gave away my microRendu to a friend. I should have kept it!

To add insult to injury I tried to play the free Devialet Gilels download today, a bunch of metallic clicks came out my speakers and then – you guessed it – the Transport error.

1 Like

Just upgraded my Devialet to the new Firmware - 192K Hi Res Files and DSD now works well without a hitch. No issues so far in terms of playback on “AIR” (via both ethernet and wifi) with the 12.2.2 release. I am treating this as the Alpha version as I have not encountered any issues to date.

Am also enjoying the new Roon software update - for example listening to JB Radio 2 on 192k streaming - the previous version, I had to use Roon to workaround the 192k and DSD files. So far for me the magic of Devialet and Roon is where I want it to be!! Back to music for me now!

hifi_swlon

I respect your position and my observations are based on my experience to date and was not intended to negate or be dis-respectful to what you and others are going through. I am sorry that you and others on this forum are having issues with your Devialet device and service(s). I genuinely do hope that you (and others) obtain a satisfactory solution.

Btw I will be in London in a weeks time for business and am happy to assist (even over phone ) where I can mate.

Did the latest Devialet firmware solve the problem?

My 2 cents… It took Devialet 6+ months to clean up the mess they made with the CI update, but I believe their recent production release of their DOS + firmware is working well. Roon AIR on my Expert Pro has never sounded better - including hi-res & DSD 64.

For those smart enough to have delayed getting the CI update for their Expert Pro, this might be a good time to jump in.

1 Like

Well, I’m having a problen where Roon just stops playing in the middle of a song and won’t resume. Happens randomly :frowning: