Roon & Devialet

Are you streaming via ethernet or wifi?

Also, any chance that you use Fidelizer? I was using it on my Win 10 PC running RoonServer at the Audiophile User Level and experienced songs simply stopping. But when I uninstalled Fidelizer, the problem went away. I now run Fidelizer at the Minimalist User Level and all works fine.

Note: this is using Roon AIR (and not Devialet AIR).

Streaming via ethernet. No extra software.

Tried booting the machine roon core runs on. At least restarting core did nothing.

Roon uses a lot of processing power - if the computer on which you run your Roon core is underpowered or is being used to do other things, you might run into all sorts of trouble.

I ended up purchasing a dedicated computer - a well-featured desktop - Intel i5, 8 Gb RAM and 125 Gb SSD with music files on an attached HDD, connected by Ethernet cable to my Router, which is only used to run Roon core. This transformed my Roon experience.

This is much, much cheaper than buying a Roon Nucleus, however the downside is that the operating software (Windows 10) needs to be kept up to date. The very odd occasions, that I have had the problem you describe, seem to coincide with my Roon PC requiring a Windows 10 update.

I guess I should update my situation. Still seems like the rebooting helped.

I’m both happy that it works now, but annoyed because I didn’t figure out what is wrong. I haven’t had problems that required rebooting (with linux) in ages. Still I guess it was a good idea to reboot anyway, to get new kernel running.

good day to all,

I’m a Devialet 200 owner (not pro) and recently became a Roon lifetime member.

Having Roon really revived my excitement about Devialet.

Using a SonicTransporter i7 (which is all SSD and has 2 ethernet ports) as a the core sending music directly (direct connection from SonicTransporter to Devialet) to the Devialet via Ethernet. it sounds good, without any cleaning in the signal etc…
What i love, is the ability to power the Devialet up, to control it’s volume and to have Roon toggle the zone to Devialet Ethernet without touching the Devialet or the remote.

however, i recently acquired a couple of SOtM ultra devices that cleans the signal and recklocks it. It does all sorts of wonderful things and the sound is much more enjoyable (by usb, with the sot tx-usb ultra) than via the Ethernet input.

Only downside (at the moment) is this : i can’t seem to be able to get Roon to power up the Devialet via usb, and if i switch input to Devialet usb, i still have to change the input manually on the Devialet or the Devialet Remote.

Same goes for the volume control : DSP volume control is not very precise, and with DSP volume 100% volume is where i left the Devialet last, so it could be -30db at 100% (not very practical either).

First World problems i know (LOL), but i was wondering if there is a way to get the same “control” over the Devialet with usb than with ethernet.

I’ve looked in Devialet Chat but not much recent information, and a lot of unhappy people.

Many thanks,

I have the same Problem and the same Question. But nobody answers