Roon & Dirac integration again

It’s very easy. You just take measurements from 9 different spots, all diagrammed and prompted in the proper order, and that’s that. It’s a lot like the Lyngdorf/TACT methods.

1 Like

Very easy indeed. Just got a MiniDSP DDRC24 with Dirac Live.
Dit a first quick measurement. It takes only 5 minutes to get results.
Will do a more thorough measurement with precise mic positioning in the weekend.

I’m thinking of getting the 2x4HD for my vinyl rig as using HAF filters for Roon and then I will get the software update to make it DDRC24 as it works out cheaper.

Alternatively I might trade in my Naim Atom and get the new Arcam SA30 as it has Dirac built in and a phono amp.

Just got the news from Dirac… Dirac 2 is planned for next month on PC/Mac. About Roon integration, there has been no contact with Roon… As I understand it, the new Dirac does the measurement and calculation and then you have to load the file (wav/zip??) in Roon-Convolver.

1 Like

That’s a nice ‘in between’ solution.

Forget the above: just confirmed, Dirac will act as a plugin in Roon!

Dirac Research,
“Johan it will be a plug-in version and we have tested it on current Roon product and it works now”

5 Likes

As a long time Roon and Dirac user wishing to use both with a remote endpoint such as Allo DigiOne Signature-- Does this mean Roon/Dirac will play well together in the future?

I guess so…

Fantastic! I guess its time to buy Roon again :slight_smile: if Dirac plugs into Roon (or Roon convolves Dirac filters), then endpoints can be used directly into DACs without needing extra processors and clocks in the chain.

If Dirac continues on this trajectory, then MQA will have to try to make a deal with them. They provide a far bigger leap forward in in-room sound quality than what is proposed by MQA.

Yes and in the right direction. :wink:

:grinning: Which is why I said “proposed” rather than “achieved”.

At second glance, this is not necessarily to be understood as a Dirac plugin inside Roon, but rather that the plugin version of Dirac can run in another VST host or a convolver with Roon.

Roon Labs explained earlier this year why VST/AU is not likely to be implemented in Roon core (can’t run on different processes like Core and Endpoint since VST and its UI needs to run on the same proces, i.e. the core).

But, I’m hopeful! Maybe Dirac will allow Roon’s convolver to read licensed Dirac filters…if that’s even possible.

1 Like

I suppose we may have to “wait and see” how this works (or doesn’t). Would be nice to hear directly from Dirac and/or Roon @support on the matter.
Frankly, Roon is nice without Dirac, but absolutely sublime with Dirac. So, I remain patiently hopeful…

1 Like

I think with the first Dirac that wasn’t possible - or at least that was the impression I got from the minidsp web site. (could be wrong).

With dirac 2 however, I think that may have changed.

Yes, only licensed units like miniDSP or Dirac’s own audio processor or VST for pc/mac reads Dirac filters as of now.

1 Like

Really hope for a seamless integration - as this would be a giant leap forward for overal sound quality.

1 Like

Our plugins are standard AU and VST plugins, here details about using them with Roon: http://diracdocs.com/Roon_&_Dirac_Live_2.0.pdf (we don’t support third party virtual cables though)
—-
Just another feedback of Dirac.

2 Likes

So this is coming out in October?

Has anyone tried with the very latest versions how things are evolving?

Roon already has a powerful convolution engine. You just need something like Acourate to build the filters.