Roon 'disappears' from PC

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Lenovo AIO running Windows 10 64 bit.

Description Of Issue
For the past few weeks Roon ‘disappears’ from the PC and I have to reinstall it every time I want to run it - can you help please?

Note: the exe file is excluded from the antivirus on my system.

Did you try renaming the file as Ryan did? Or is something keeping on renaming the Roon.exe file to Roon.exe_old following a fresh re-installation of Roon?

Thank you Geoff… ‘Or is something keeping on renaming the Roon.exe file to Roon.exe_old following a fresh re-installation of Roon?‘… this is exactly what has started happening, every time now!

Hello @Gavin_Miller,

What kind of antivirus are you using?

Do you recall when the issue started? Was there anything notable that occurred around when the issue began? New AV settings or a Windows Update?

thank you Noris – started happening around two weeks ago – have BTvirus protect and Malwarebytes – Windows updates are pretty frequent – have not bothered reinstalling Roon until I can find out what might be happening – Gavin

Hi @Gavin_Miller,

Can you use these instructions to upload a set of your Roon logs? I wonder if the logs would show anything going on with the executable. Did this issue by any chance happen when there was a Roon app update?

thank you Noris - i have done that - see link - note i cant seem to rename the file back

Roon log files

1 Like

‘Did this issue by any chance happen when there was a Roon app update?’… not that i remember

1 Like

Hi @Gavin_Miller,

Thank you for sending those logs over. I have taken a look through them and this issue appears to be related to updating the Roon application to build 555. I suggest we correct this issue by doing the following:

1. Create a Backup of your current Roon database
  2. Open our Downloads Page and download the latest build for your PC
  3. Install the latest version of Roon on top, it should preserve the database but if there are any issues you can use the database you made in step #1

Do let me know how it goes!

Thanks Noris… so far so good

1 Like

Thanks for giving that a try @Gavin_Miller!
We also released a new build yesterday, so I would ensure you’re on build 571.
Do let us know if you have any further issues!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.