Roon disconnect from Sonos

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
iMAC with latest iOS.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Sonos connected via ethernet to base and Roon endpoint.

Description Of Issue
Have been running Roon with Sonos for a year no problem. In last month running Roon to Sonos give me Roon lost control of audio devise warning in orange.

Sonos still runs fine to listen using sonos application. Clearly the problem is some new incompatibility between Roon and Sonos.

The problem exhibits on both of my Sonos end points. Both work fine using Sonos only.

Hi @Kenneth_Eis,

Was there any change to your setup around this time?

Can you describe your networking setup?

Are you able to play to other endpoints from Roon okay?

No change for months. I run Roon on an iMac. The Music is on a NAS. The Sonos box, Mac, and NAS are all connected via ethernet to a Comcast router/modem. Roon end points are a Mac Mini and PS Audio Bridge/DAC, and the Sonos via ethernet connection. The Sonos has two end points, both of which behave the same way. The non-Sonos end points all work just fine within Roon.

Within Roon the two Sonos endpoints come up on my ipad just fine, but will not play and Roon give the warning… lost control of audio devise

I forgot. One of the Sonos to sonos connections in an ethernet wired and the other wireless. Both behave the same way so I’m sure its a Sonos/Roon problem

Hi @Kenneth_Eis,

Are the two Sonos zones by any chance grouped together? If so - is there any change in behavior if you un-group them? Have you tried to reboot the Core, Networking gear and Sonos zones yet? If not, that would also be suggested.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.