Roon display after install unreadable

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

new pc windows 10

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

wifi, used to work ok with former computer

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

bluesound vault 2 wifi

Description Of Issue

roon welcoming window after install is unreadable. See capture bellow

Try updating your graphics card drivers from the manufacturer site not windows update.

1 Like

Thanks. many other software installed on this is the only one. Nevertheless i will do so but it’s weird as the pc is a standard dell out of the box. boring…

Same issue for me, on a Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga 3rd gen, about 2yrs old, with latest version of Windows (2009) and all bios and driver updates. Tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling, didn’t change anything. Makes it unusable obviously…

Try Ged’s suggestion. From memory, that typically resolves the issue.

Yes, they’ve been updated via Lenovo’s management app

Means search/use updates directly from Intel, nVidia or AMD, depending on the manufacturer of the GPU you use, and not from Microsoft, Lenovo, HP, ASUS, Dell, … .

1 Like

Unfortunately with a convertible like the Yoga, using graphics drivers not from the manufacturer can have some negative side effects, so I stick with the officially-provided ones

Yep, I had same issue on Win10 dell laptop after 1.8 install. Updating video driver solved the problem.

Hey @anon28784620,

Welcome to the Roon community :wave:

I’m sorry this is about 9 days late…

As @ged_hickman1 suggested, the graphics drivers might be to blame here. Find a more thorough explanation from one of our engineers here:

I hope it helps, but, please, do let me know if there’s anything we can do :pray: