Roon Display and zones: feature request

Harry… I have two “main” zones I never play to at the same time so… any hope one could specify two (or more) zones in Roon Display’s settings so it always works without having to manually change settings every time?

1 Like

Hi @pl_svn,

Yeah this is a long-standing one: I find this annoying myself as well.

Earlier this year I rewrote the extension, and now it’s basically not required to set the zone fixed. I just never came to making this configurable from the screen: like tapping the zone identification and then show a pull down list of available zone’s ore something like that.

I’ll ‘up it’ in the TODO list.

Thanks

1 Like

thank YOU, Harry :slight_smile:
can’t wait for it :wink:

I’d like to see this as well.

I only use Roon in two rooms but each room has multiple zones. Would be nice being able to have a RoPieee display automatically turn on for whichever zone in that room happens to be in use. Maybe by being able to enter a list (separated by commas or pipes?) of zones in the Roon Control Zone field of the Display tab?

This is already implemented a long time ago. You can select the zone directly from the screen.

I’m not using the official LCD so I can’t select anything from the screen. Even if I was, I don’t want to have to manually select the current zone. That isn’t really any different than having to go into the settings and change the zone. I was looking for something more automated where you type in a list of zones in the settings then when one of those zones becomes active you the display turns on.