Roon does hardware [Nucleus introduced in Munich]

You nailed it. The HiFi dealer market requires turn-key hardware. Hard to sell someone $50,000 audio setup and then send them home to install Roon on a Mac.

Yup, exactly… and ROCK is coming out as soon as I get back from Munich (I’ll be back after a short break in Paris and a long sleep).

Turn-key solutions sold through the HiFi retail channel require margins for the distributors and the dealers. If you want to do this cheap, use ROCK + build yourself a NUC. No one can compete on price with that. We will soon have a button on our website that will add the suggested components to your amazon shopping cart.

Exactly. The most amazing thing about this release is that we are still able to provide the NUC + ROCK to the people that want the exact same thing in a more DIY solution for a significant price drop.

That’s why I wanted people to hold off :slight_smile: Some might not have cared about the price increase and wanted the fancy case.

100% correct assessment. It does not come with a license. You will need to buy that separately.

How about a NUC + SSD + RAM + ROCK for about $400?

$400 for the i3 model.

we are all at the show still :slight_smile:

24 Likes