Roon does not connect to my bridge

Core Device (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
iPad Pro / iPad OS 14.7.1

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Ideon Audio Absolute Stream / Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
USB

Description Of Issue
Roon does not recognize this bridge.

A core device must be running on the network on a MAC/PC or NUC/Nucleus. iOS devices are only for Remotes but can also connect to a DAC to perform as an endpoint. They cannot be a CORE

Perhaps your setup description is missing some information? Ah a Nucleus … some research needed on the endpoint then.

Did this ever work before?

1 Like

Hi @Alan_Asato,

In your previous support request you reported the Roon Core was running on a Nucleus, is that still correct?

I also had a quick look on Roon’s Partners Page … but did not see the “Ideon Audio Absolute Stream” listed, yet the IdeonAudio state it “Works as Roon bridge” …

Has this every worked or is it a new setup?

Let’s see what advice Roon’s @support team can offer.

1 Like

Hello, thank you for your responses. Initially I replaced the Nucleus with this Streamer. I assumed it functioned like a Nucleus does. I’ll reconfigure this install with the Nucleus as the core. The Ideon Absolute Stream is very new and apparently not as “plug-n-play” friendly as I thought it would be. Thanks again for the responses.

Alan

It may work well to stream but you still need a Roon Core somewhere in your system.
To use Roon.
It sounds like it would stream other services on its own just fine.
So yes I would put the Nucleus back in line and go from there.

1 Like

Hello Kevin, thanks for the input. It’s all starting to make sense now. The support from everyone is greatly appreciated!

Alan

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.