Roon does not detect PC audio device

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 18362) (18362.19h1_release.190318-1202)
Description: Altavoces (2- Realtek High Definition Audio)
Default Sound Playback: Yes
Default Voice Playback: Yes

Since yesterday I can’t listen to Roon on my PC with WIndows 10.
SELECT AUDIO ZONE shows the message “No audio device selected.! Choose and output bellow, the try again.”

However I can hear with my sound system both TIDAL, Youtube and any sound.

I have uninstalled the Realtek driver and reinstalled it. I have also uninstalled Roon but I still can’t hear it and the aforementioned message appears.

Roon works correctly on my other devices (Mac, Tablets, smartphones, etc).

Can you help me?
Thank you

Has a windows update been installed?

As @ged_hickman1 suggests

I often find that when Windows has downloaded an update and its pending, ie waiting for you to restart, it often does funny stuff especially on networks

Try rebooting the core ?

There could be several reasons.

Reboot the core, as has been suggested. If not then…

Verify that the audio device is listed in Roon Settings Audio. It might have gotten disabled somehow. If so, enable and give it a name. If there is nothing listed there then…

Verify that somehow the anti-virus / firewall hasn’t been reset. This happens on occasion. To test, just temporarily turn them off and see if your Audio Devices appear.

If that does not improve the situation then…

Take a look and see if you have the Nahimic driver running ( it is a 3D audio processor that is installed with some Realtek driver installs). This has, in the past, been the culprit to vanishing audio devices. Set the Service to Disabled, reboot and see if the audio devices now appear.

1 Like

Hi @J.A,

Are any audio devices connected to this machine showing up?

As Daniel suggested, if you temporaily disable the firewall is there any change?

I’ve done everything you’ve told me but the audio device still doesn’t appear in Roon.
As I said, I can hear TIDAL, Spotify and any sound coming from the computer programs.

Hi @J.A,

Just to verify, are any audio devices that are connected to the machine showing up?

Can you share a screenshot of Settings > Audio?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.