Roon does not find Hqplayer

The DAC is playing with Roon, Xmos USB 2.0 without problem! However when attaching Hqplayer the output Device found is Xmos USB Hi Ref?! Is this ok or why does Hqplayer not find Xmos USB 2.0? Could this be the problem?

Are you using ASIO or WASAPI on Roon? And ASIO or WASAPI backend on HQPlayer?

Also note that you need to disable the relevant audio device in Roon Settings → Audio or it will conflict with HQPlayer.

This message is what we get+ No audio Device found!

It is not enough to select HQPlayer zone, you must disable the DAC zone in Roon for HQPlayer to have unconflicted control of the DAC.

Is HQPlayer playback working standalone now? On Windows HQPlayer log file called HQPlayer4Desktop.log can be found from “%LOCALAPPDATA%\HQPlayer” folder. On Linux and macOS it can be found from “~/.hqplayer” folder.

1 Like

Very good advice!

1 Like

It turned out that my friend had an older version of Hqplayer installed! That was the cause of the conflict! Now it is playing again and he is happy! Thank you everybody!

3 Likes

Hello Per_Svensson

For my part, I am on the latest version of HQPlayer and with the help of Jussi and after putting back into the manual, I am enjoying my music again.

1 Like